New Guy Checking In

FadeTwoBlack

Registered
Just another new guy checking in - ya'll can mark my card as present. Picked up my 'Busa last Monday. Only had a chance to ride it home 9 miles before the rains hit. Most of the week was a washout, but it didn't matter much as I have to work anyway. But it cleared up on Thursday and we had two beautful "chamber of commerce" style days in a row. But, here again - I'm at work.

Friday night rolled around and here came the rains again. Looked like I was going to loose Saturday as well. But by noon the clouds parted and the 'Busa started to roll. Took a run up to what we call Racer's Road for a 60 mile break in run. Weather was beautiful.

Today's ride included an SMR with a round trip of 140 miles. Weather this morning was awful - dry but very cold and pretty gusty winds. But the lure of the ride was greater than any discomfort that might be felt. So we went anyway!

Had a great time, even got to let the bike loose a bit. As far as I can tell with 209 miles on the clock, this bike IS a destination bike.

Here's me with the new gal in my life...

BusaDaddy.JPG

iamwithstupid.gif
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

good looking gal you have there. remember one thing about this board .......... you will get flamed if you post about something that would be cool to see pics of and you do not post any.
crazy.gif

(badassbusa03 @ Jan. 28 2007,19:31) good looking gal you have there. remember one thing about this board .......... you will get flamed if you post about something that would be cool to see pics of and you do not post any.
In that case, here's the other love of my life...

1stRideMS2web.JPG

This is my wife on her Mean Streak.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
Glad to have you with us. Nice bikes you have there. My wife rides her own bike too. It's so much fun to go riding with your better half. One thing I might bring to your attention while you are breaking the new busa in is to keep an eye on your chain. It will get real loose the first few hundred miles, even before the 600 mile service. Check out the owners manual for proper adjustment procedure. Welcome to the org.

(GSXcite @ Jan. 28 2007,20:11) One thing I might bring to your attention while you are breaking the new busa in is to keep an eye on your chain. It will get real loose the first few hundred miles, even before the 600 mile service. Check out the owners manual for proper adjustment procedure.
Duly noted. Thanks for the heads up!

Back