New Grips

Htown Busa

Registered
I don't know much about working on bikes but what I feel is relatively simple, I'm willing to give a try. I want to install chrome hand grips. I know I just need to cust off the old grips. My question is, on the throttle side, what holds the throttle sleeve in place. Does it attach under the switch housing. If so, to remove the switch housing, is it as simple as looseng the two screws at the bottom of the switch housing.

Thanks in advance.

the rubber part does not go under the switch, there is a nylon part that does however.. it will stay behind (holds the throttle cables)

These are the ones I want to install.

grips.jpg

yep, the two screws come out and the switch housing opens like a clam shell... I had to loosen the cable adjusters all the way on both ends to change the cam on mine when I installed the Rizoma's

Might be an easier way but I did not fool around with it very long hunting, just found "a" solution and got with it..

don't need to remove the switch housing just cut your old ones off and use alittle stick goop and slide new ones on and tighten the screw and let set for couple hours so the goop drys alittle and your good to go 30 min job at the most i have the same ones :beerchug:

don't need to remove the switch housing just cut your old ones off and use alittle stick goop and slide new ones on and tighten the screw and let set for couple hours so the goop drys alittle and your good to go 30 min job at the most i have the same ones :beerchug:

It looks like his new ones has a aluminum throttle tube, so he has to take it apart, i would not want to try and slide it over the plastic and tighten it up with the set screws, you would probably break the plastic tube with the set screws if it did fit.

Back