heko with grip install

TN_BUSA

Registered
Need some advice...I bought some heated grip inserts to go under the grips on my 08 Busa. I removed the old grips, permanently, and bought some PROGRIP gel grips to replace the factory ones. The clutch side goes on easy enough but on the throttle side the way the throttle is designed the grip only goes so far and will not go over the inside lip and stay so it looks like crap. Any advice

Last edited:
I think that the factory grip has a recess made in that goes over that last bit of plastic on the very inside... do not know of any aftermarket grips that do that... is it possible that you can trim that plastic?

I may have to trim it if it will not hurt to do so. What is everyone else doing that replaces their grips?

I used a dremel and grinded it down flush so it looks like the clutch side, easy and took just a few minutes

OK, I know I am way late here. Now that you have them installed, how do you like the grips?

I am in the market for some new ones and am considering progrip gels for comfort. Also like the look of the Rizoma Lux (but not the price) :laugh:

Back