New Gear Pains..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Went for the first longer ride wearing my new leathers today. About 4 hours in that full suit and the back of my neck is killing me. Can hardly turn my head from side to side. Suit fits pretty good, maybe a slight bit tight in the upper body length, but overall not uncomfortable (for a 1 piece race suit). Everything was fine until I stoped and ate lunch about 45 minutes from the end of the ride. Noticed stiffness when I got ready to leave, got really sore after I got home. Wanted to ride again tomorrow, may have to revert to blue jeans and jacket.

Anybody else have problems with full leathers on longer rides? Any suggestions?

This is the exact reason I went w/ a 2 piece...I can take the top off and not have to have it hang on me...

Sorry bro, I have a two piece that zips together. Hit up MPH200, I know he wears a full one piece suit. Maybe you just need to break it in. Stand outside under the water hose and then go for a ride, stretch it out.

I have 2 different 1 piece suits I wear. I have never had a problem w/ the neck being too tight. Try some leather stretcher on the center & upper back area. It may just need to break in. Wear it around the house for a few hours too. Getting it wet can help, but with some suits the dyes will run when wet (don't ask me how I know)

Last edited:
Sorry bro, I have a two piece that zips together. Hit up MPH200, I know he wears a full one piece suit. Maybe you just need to break it in. Stand outside under the water hose and then go for a ride, stretch it out.

+1 Get it wet and wear it out until dry.

+1 Get it wet and wear it out until dry.

If I try that I'll have to wait till spring. This time of year I'd be the color of my bike in 10 miles.:laugh:

It'll break in eventually. I'll go back out tomorrow and pay attention to my riding position. It's a sore muscle, so I'll try to isolate it and see if I can work around it until the suit conforms more.

Good luck tom, this was one of the main reasons why i choose textile. For some reason(probably "fat guy" related :whistle:)i could never get comfortable in leathers.

Are you sure you didn't do something to you upper back (thoracic), and neck (cervical) somewhere in the past couple days ?. Yes a full suit makes you accomodate a rider's position, but nothing that should throw your range of motion out of whack. I have a two piece as well, but just let me at a one-piece Dainese and I'm there !!!! :super:

Might call up a good chiropractor and have him take a look. Mine's awesome, but he's here in Vegas... :oldcool:

Good luck, never had that problem with my two piece, haven't worn my one piece leather on any long hauls.

Are you sure you didn't do something to you upper back (thoracic), and neck (cervical) somewhere in the past couple days ?. Yes a full suit makes you accomodate a rider's position, but nothing that should throw your range of motion out of whack.

I was thinking about this later last night, and I think getting in and out of it several times through the day is the culprit. It's a perferated suit, and with the temps being in the 60's until later in the afternoon, I'm having to wear a couple of base layers to keep from getting too cold. Makes it somewhat of a wrestling match to get into the thing, and I probably stretched a few muscles in the process. Most of the pain was on the left side of my neck (mostly gone this morning) and I was having to contort my left arm and shoulder back to get into the second sleeve. I'm going back out today, will watch how I do my moves and the problem will show itself I'm sure.
Thanks for the input everyone! Sometimes learning curves involve a little pain.:rolleyes:

Back