Full Leathers

gaw

Registered
I have a good leather jacket, but need to buy a full suit for more protection, I keep thinking how much protection my jeans would be in a fall, even at slow speeds.
And it is much easier to keep the body together when you wear the "bodybag"  
wow.gif

Oh, my jacket is not made to attach to a pair of leather pants.

I have been looking at the Alpinestar GPU 2 piece suit.
Now the problem. The people at newenough.com recommended this suit, but said that the knee pucks may be a bit low on me.
I have a 44" chest, 36" waist and am 5'7" tall. They do not make a lot of suits that fit me.

What riding suits is eveyone wearing, 1 piece, 2 piece?. Not looking for just a jacket,(got one) want a full suit.

Any suggestions?
rock.gif

1zhelp.gif

Ride safe  
eyes.gif

I have a Joe rocket Highside. I like it, not the best suit on the market but it looks nice, and and is put together well. i have heard the are good for a crash or 2 but thats about it. I really like the looks of the alpinestars stuff.

Buy the most expensive suit you can afford. You get what you pay for.

Alpinestar may be your best bet, or of course you can spend more and get a Vanson, they will measure and build one to suite. The Folks at Newenough rock so if they are saying there may be some slider issues then there probably will be.

If you went with a two piece leather it could wind up fitting better and being a bit more versatile. Fit better because you can tops and bottom separate. Just make sure it has a full circumference zipper, not the little 8" BS zipper.

Joe Rocket ballistic Summer mesh pants and jacket.
Tecknic leather jacket and pants.
Racing one piece Russian Made

www.vansonleathers.com   Their custom made suit will fit like a glove.  It'll take approx 8 weeks to complete but it's worth the wait and you can customize it any way you like.  I have a 2 pc. Vanson, only my pants were custom, I had them take away the zippered pockets and add 1 1/2" to the length.  Recently I sent back the jacket to swap the yellow ovals for purple.  (my fav color!)

Anyway, Teknic has a nice suit, so does Joe Rocket (w/ the circum. zipper, both around $600) but IMO, there's no compromise for quality.  Expect to pay somewhere around double for the Vanson, but remember it's your skin.

Even though I believe 100% in Vanson, I have a friend with a Joe Rocket Highside 1 pc. suit and he loves it but he's about 6' tall.  Also, my hubby has a Teknic jacket that's been through a nasty slide down the road, it's 12 years old, and is still holding up pretty well.  Though I finally got him in a Vanson  
tounge.gif

Hope this helps,
Kris

<!--EDIT|busababe813
Reason for Edit: "I didn't want to tick off any Teknic or Joe Rocket people :)"|1074742205 -->

Vanson 2 peice.I have a 2 peice Daneise for someone who could use them.Red white and blue.Used to ride a Honda but dont tell the others.They are mint,the jacket size 56 Italian should be about a 44 US will have to check the pants and yes full 360* zipper.

Back