Anybody here 6'4", slim, and wear off the rack leathers???

Greenbean

Registered
If so please give me your weight and brand of leathers and size.

I am 6'4" tall and usually hover at 226 pounds.

Wear a 44L suit jacket and off the rack leathers aren't looking to good. I have a reach in my arms thats 2" more then my height.???

I'm 6'4" and slim but don't have any off the shelf leathers...sorry bro. Two out of three ain't bad

do a search... a company makes a custom 1 piece for 700 bucks i believe it was??? (guy in cali)

can someone chime in on this?

look at getting a custom suit you will be allot happier. SYED makes an awesome suit just ask MPH200

I have thought about them also, I met a really nice and great rider at The Gap last year who had a custom SYED suit fully perforated and riding a beautiful Triumph Daytona. He was very happy with it and spoke very highly about them also.

They are the best I have seen and if you go down and need them repaired they do an OUTSTANDING JOB!!! Trust me I have seen their work:thumbsup:

Good info to know!

I'm 6'3" 210lbs. I wear a 2 piece that zipps together.
Works for now. :beerchug:
I don't think you'll find anything off the rack?

6'4", 230. Joe Rocket Blaster jacket and pants combo. pants size 36, and jacket size 46.

With your size, you will have a difficult time finding anything off the shelf that fits properly. I to am 6'4" 200 lbs. I have been through tons of leathers and finding a proper fit is almost impossible. The pants are to short in the legs if they fit in the waist (34 in waist).

I purchased a Taichi one piece suit in size 44 and they were wearable but was to short through the torso. I took them to our local Russian leather taylor and he lengthened the torso by two inches and they now fit perfectly. Unless I get back on the crashing wagon, I think they will last me as long as I ride.

I'd suggest you go to a big shop where you can try on many different suits. My just find something that fits. I may nention, I took one of my friends to Cycle Gear who is just over 6' tall and 270 lbs. He came away with a two piece Frank Thomas leathers and the fit him pretty dang well.

In the same boat here. Any recommendations on where to get custom suits? Looking for a 1-piece or 2-piece so I can start doing track time.

I am 6'4" 200lbs and 34 inch waist. I just purchased a RS Taichi GP-X 207 suit from my local dealer. it fits me nicely. I will eventually have to get the cuffs extended by an inch or two. as they just touch the end of my A* GP pro gloves. But everywhere else just fits perfectly.

2012-08-07_12-26-14_481.jpg

2012-08-07_12-26-30_646.jpg

2012-08-07_12-27-06_387.jpg

2012-08-07_12-44-05_177.jpg

I wish I was only 6'4 I had a hell of a time finding leather pants that would go below the knees LOL!
I found a pair that are plenty long enough but the knee pucks are kinda high about 2" which I have to take
localaly to have them altered.... 6'7@245 37.5 length dress shirt! isnt fun when buying clothes or riding gear
and some say wow it must be great being tall.. WRONG!

I wish I was only 6'4 I had a hell of a time finding leather pants that would go below the knees LOL!
I found a pair that are plenty long enough but the knee pucks are kinda high about 2" which I have to take
localaly to have them altered.... 6'7@245 37.5 length dress shirt! isnt fun when buying clothes or riding gear
and some say wow it must be great being tall.. WRONG!

Oh yeah I am so tired of the "man, it must be great being tall"
Hell, I have a hard time finding stuff for my height and build. I couldn't imagine finding clothes if I was taller...........:banghead:

I know this thread is old, but I ran into Greenbean a few weeks ago and he said he sold his Busa a few months back. Just incase anyone wondered.

He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever ride with.

Back