Anybody here 6'4", slim, and wear off the rack leathers???

Greenbean

Registered
If so please give me your weight and brand of leathers and size.

I am 6'4" tall and usually hover at 226 pounds.

Wear a 44L suit jacket and off the rack leathers aren't looking to good. I have a reach in my arms thats 2" more then my height.???

GoAWOL

Abiit, excessit, evasit
Donating Member
Registered
I'm 6'4" and slim but don't have any off the shelf leathers...sorry bro. Two out of three ain't bad

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
do a search... a company makes a custom 1 piece for 700 bucks i believe it was??? (guy in cali)

can someone chime in on this?

rubber2burn

Donating Member
Registered
look at getting a custom suit you will be allot happier. SYED makes an awesome suit just ask MPH200

Greenbean

Registered
I have thought about them also, I met a really nice and great rider at The Gap last year who had a custom SYED suit fully perforated and riding a beautiful Triumph Daytona. He was very happy with it and spoke very highly about them also.

rubber2burn

Donating Member
Registered
They are the best I have seen and if you go down and need them repaired they do an OUTSTANDING JOB!!! Trust me I have seen their work:thumbsup:

Bansh

Registered
Good info to know!

I'm 6'3" 210lbs. I wear a 2 piece that zipps together.
Works for now. :beerchug:
I don't think you'll find anything off the rack?

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
6'4", 230. Joe Rocket Blaster jacket and pants combo. pants size 36, and jacket size 46.

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
With your size, you will have a difficult time finding anything off the shelf that fits properly. I to am 6'4" 200 lbs. I have been through tons of leathers and finding a proper fit is almost impossible. The pants are to short in the legs if they fit in the waist (34 in waist).

I purchased a Taichi one piece suit in size 44 and they were wearable but was to short through the torso. I took them to our local Russian leather taylor and he lengthened the torso by two inches and they now fit perfectly. Unless I get back on the crashing wagon, I think they will last me as long as I ride.

I'd suggest you go to a big shop where you can try on many different suits. My just find something that fits. I may nention, I took one of my friends to Cycle Gear who is just over 6' tall and 270 lbs. He came away with a two piece Frank Thomas leathers and the fit him pretty dang well.

Narcissus

Hayabusa Immortal
Registered
In the same boat here. Any recommendations on where to get custom suits? Looking for a 1-piece or 2-piece so I can start doing track time.

tonyj

Registered
I am 6'4" 200lbs and 34 inch waist. I just purchased a RS Taichi GP-X 207 suit from my local dealer. it fits me nicely. I will eventually have to get the cuffs extended by an inch or two. as they just touch the end of my A* GP pro gloves. But everywhere else just fits perfectly.

2012-08-07_12-26-14_481.jpg

2012-08-07_12-26-30_646.jpg

2012-08-07_12-27-06_387.jpg

2012-08-07_12-44-05_177.jpg

I wish I was only 6'4 I had a hell of a time finding leather pants that would go below the knees LOL!
I found a pair that are plenty long enough but the knee pucks are kinda high about 2" which I have to take
localaly to have them altered.... 6'7@245 37.5 length dress shirt! isnt fun when buying clothes or riding gear
and some say wow it must be great being tall.. WRONG!

tonyj

Registered
I wish I was only 6'4 I had a hell of a time finding leather pants that would go below the knees LOL!
I found a pair that are plenty long enough but the knee pucks are kinda high about 2" which I have to take
localaly to have them altered.... 6'7@245 37.5 length dress shirt! isnt fun when buying clothes or riding gear
and some say wow it must be great being tall.. WRONG!
Oh yeah I am so tired of the "man, it must be great being tall"
Hell, I have a hard time finding stuff for my height and build. I couldn't imagine finding clothes if I was taller...........:banghead:

dk55belair

Registered
I know this thread is old, but I ran into Greenbean a few weeks ago and he said he sold his Busa a few months back. Just incase anyone wondered.

He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever ride with.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weston Goldberg