New Gauge Faces

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Finally got my new gauge faces on the gauge cluster put on today after a couple months of them just sitting around waiting to be put on. Went alot better than i thought. I positioned the needles at certain points then removed them from those points so I was able to put them back in the same position. For example, On the Tach gauge I put the needle to a little above 4k RPM and put it back on in about the same area. If the gauges are off I will just do the reset.

My gauges are now moto. Errrrrrr
They should look really nice with the green LEDs i put on a while back

And yes i got them from CHINA.

No actually I got them from Joe Kinikkin at Webslinger
Webslinger

Before and After pics and also a pic with the case and needles off the cluster (Yes the cluster is on my lap :laugh:)
The needles are off in the last pic but putting them on the bike should set them properly. If not, Like i said all it takes is doing the hard reset that is in the service manual,

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

Nice!! Where is the pic of them lit up? :rulez:

Havent put them on the bike yettt. I literally did them just before i posted this. I'll put them on the bike tomorrow and take some pics at night time :thumbsup:. If i had my power supply here i would hook it up and shut the lights off :laugh:

Ill have to look up that "reset" my needles have been consistantly off since i did my faces by about 10-15mph high

interested in seeing the green lighted backround. gauges look sharp ,although i prefer the army emblem. :poke::laugh:

Dude those look very nice. How hard is it to change the faces as far as things like opening cluster and getting needles off? Is it the same for a genII?

Dude those look very nice. How hard is it to change the faces as far as things like opening cluster and getting needles off? Is it the same for a genII?

Virtually the same. I was originally sent Gen2 gauges by mistake. Getting the needles off is easy. Use 2 spoons. I did end up pulling the black plastic off one of the needles which was unavoidable because i was using slow steady pressure but easily fixed with super glue :thumbsup:

Just pick a point on your gauges to point the needle before taking them off and simply put them back in at the same point you chose. I used the middle points for my fuel and temp gauges. 4k rpm for the tach and 100mph for the speedo. When you take your gauges apart you will notice they kind of move in increments of like a quarter of an inch. Its not hard at all though, easily done blanca

Does the gauge cover unscrew or something?

And lastly. The two spoons I need to use do they have to be made in China ?

Back