new experience with PayPal..

06limited1st

Registered
Anyone sell anything through PayPal recently?? just sold my car tv and I got an email from them saying I got an instant payment but the funds can not be released until I give a tracking number saying I shipped the item... Is this true or is this a scam??

URL please... (fastest way to verify) open the page shown in email and paste here.. (just the www.paypal.com part) DO NOT COPY the URL from the email (can be spoofed)

http://ebay.com just like this one

but entirely possible, with the acquisition of Ebay they may have learned to protect buyers and sellers alike...

Sounds like a scam to me. What if you're just sending someone money outright and nothing to ship, something you can do through paypal? Also, what if you're local and not shipping to someone. Sounds strange to me.

The buyer may have requested proof of shipping from PP. PP will do it if the transaction looks risky. Like it was said, login to www.paypal.com and check your transaction log. If it's there the email is valid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea I logged into my paypal and there is no transaction history. I haven't been on there in a while and this email was sent to me today.

where are you selling the item?

Who sent the email? You can pull the ip address out of the email header and see who the registrant is.

But no, I would NOT ship under those conditions. Sounds like a scam.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't get that exact thing but when I sold a camera lens thru ebay recently, it said I had a transaction in process but the funds wouldn't be released until I got positive feedback from the buyer!!! ??? So I had to send the lens and "HOPE" he wouldn't try to screw me and give me negative feedback before the money went into my account. Sounds like I will be doing less business with paypal....... :moon:

Never heard of that before. I use Paypal all the time but never that big amount, Sounds fishy.

Yea I did the spoof@ebay.com thing and turns out it is a fraud. Kind of bummed cause I was excited about having that extra cash but that's the way it goes.. Never been scammed before so this was a good learning experience...

Never heard of that before. I use Paypal all the time but never that big amount, Sounds fishy.

I use pp a lot too, and it's super easy. If it feels funny, something ain't right. Also ignore any and all emails from pp or eBay. Log only into the actual site and handle your business there.

The only change that PP has made in all the years I've used them is if you pay me with an eCheck- basically a real check over the internet, PP will not give me your 'Ship To' address until your check clears.

That change was about 1-2 months ago. Downside is people don't always know when they are paying with an eCheck, and average is 3-5 days I have to wait before pp will give me your address.

Back