New car help

binx

Registered
Going to the power of the org.

I have a 2011 CRV which I absolutlely hate and I am looking to trade in on a 2012 civic si. I want a wrx but the 100 bucks a month jump is to much right now to justify. Would you guys trade it and go for the si or stay with the CRV? I bought it because my wife thought it would be better than my gti. The interior space is useless, but the only redeeming factor is it is a beast in the snow. Its just awful to drive, honda automatic feels broken, imho. My payment will stay the same because of honda loyalty whatever, better deals. I miss something to drive. Anyone own one can chime in, or any input would be great since Im going back to the dealer later today to drive it again. I have 17 mos left on the CRV lease, do I wait it out or go with the new lease for 3 years ? Again same payment.

if the monthly payments are going to stay the same then go for the si, but also consider if you want to sign a 3 year lease and follow through with it. Also your insurance prem. will be affected and when it snows will you be able to get around in the snow. Make a list of pros and cons for both vehicles and see which is better. :2cents:

A pro vs con list is a good idea but it sounds like you already have made a mental list and the only pro was good in the snow. It sounds like you really hate it and if thats the case then I vote for trade it in on the SI.

Just hold out until you can afford the WRX. The whole time you have the SI you'll be complaining in the winter and wishing you were like the cool kids and had a WRX..

:laugh:

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

Sorry to hear about the 2011 CRV. Have you checked out the 2012 CRV? There are a lot of improvements to the interior space that makes it much more useful. Just a thought.

I looked at the new CRV, I still dont like it. Its more minivanish than before. My payments are exactly the same, insurance is an 8 dollar difference and they are throwing in 2 blizzaks. I am spoiled by the ride height in my crv vs the car. My wife has an 08 civic and it goes really good in the snow so thats a plus. I do get a full tank of fuel and I dont have to do an oil change this week:whistle:The only money down is 1st payment which I would make anyway next week, so I call that a wash. I lose a 6 disc changer but gain 2 speakers and a sub. The seats in the si are way more comfortable that the crv, which I dont understand but its true. Riding at a cruising speed of 4 grand feels weird but hondas only feel right up high anyway. I am leaning more towards it, but still have a few days to decide. Im waiting for a white 4 door to come in, I know its the slowest color:laugh: But looks the best. Again thanks for input and if you have one let me know your impressions.

The SI is a good car, Ive owned one and loved it. As far as the WRX, I wouldnt buy one. If your looking for AWD turbo, go with the Evo. I own an Evo IX and absolutely love it. The Evo X's are pretty expensive so I wouldnt go that route. But you could find a nice IX for a good price, and VIII's are pretty cheap. If you ever get the chance to drive the EVO IX or an STI, you will quickly push that Subie to the side and not think twice. Im not hating on those cars because they are good cars, but they just dont compare to an Evo. But you trading in for the SI is not a bad choice. Gas mileage is good, the K20 is a powerful little motor and has tons of modifications. If you think you might be interested in an Evo let me know, I'll show you pics and videos of my car. I murder C6 Z06's easily and target many other V8's lol.

Get this: Here is my Evo IX.
538688_401352366553212_100000353565197_1357417_116185852_n.jpg

STY? lol
evo11.jpg

I would love the new evo mr. Wife would kill me. 39k also:laugh:

Thats why I said I wouldnt go that route. Now the X's are great cars. They have awesome suspension, but the thing about the X's is all the electronics. It kind of makes it seem like the car performs on its own. Now with the VIII's and IX's you feel that connection to the road. Pure performance. You can get an VIII cheaper then the SI your thinking about getting. Its four doors so you have alot of room, and its a hell of alot faster. Go on youtube and type in SSG_PETTY_210 and check out my videos.

I couldn't disagree with you more.. :laugh:

You can't compare a WRX to an EVO, and I'll just leave it there. As far as the EVO/STI thing, you are starting the Camaro/Mustang wars, and nobody wins.

Hands down in my mind, I'd take an STI over an EVO in a heartbeat. I'd drive an EVO, sure, but the STI is a WAY more polished machine...

Back to the topic at hand, to the OP, how old are you roughly?

The SI is a "kids" car in my opinion (at least here in Milwaukee) if you are older than say 24 or so, stick with the CRV... :thumbsup:

What ever you say. STI's drivetrain is weak. The second you guys get close to 400 wtq yall start having problems. Suspension is no where near as tight as the Evo. Stock for stock the Evo wins in every category. Both cars modded, STI is behind. But I'm not going to argue with you about it. Many STI owners regret their purchases and wish they chose the Evolution. Hell go watch comparison videos by professional drivers and listen to what they say. Ive driven many STI's and it just doesnt feel as tight as the Evo. Going around hard turns sucks in a Subie. I wouldnt waste a dime on an STI as long as the Evo exists. Tell me why I am still on my stock IX turbo, and STI's equipped with 35r's struggle to keep up. I do all sorts of racing and have never been beaten by an STI. I have alot of friends that drive STI's so we mess around with eachother all the time. Evo is just a better car all around. Now a regular WRX, strap a bicycle to the roof and call it a day lol. Thats about all they are good for.

OP- If you want any info on the Evo, let me know. I am very educated when it comes to cars, especially the Evo. Evo can handle well over 500 awhp on the stock block. STI cant hold no where near that close. There is a guy from STM on this org and can chime in and really give some usefull information on both cars. Dont waste your money on a subie.

Wow you sound bitter... :poke:

Somebody pee in your Cheerios this morning?

Im 29 and feel like an old lady in the crv..lol the civic yes is Kid like. But Ill trade out of it in two years probably:laugh: I wouldnt buy a used evo,wrx,sti out of fear of what was done before I got it. I like warranty so if I blow it up its covered.

Love that car bots.
Just hold out until you can afford the WRX. The whole time you have the SI you'll be complaining in the winter and wishing you were like the cool kids and had a WRX..

:laugh:

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

Yeah it is always risky, you never know how bad those cars were beat up. I took a risk buying mine, but luckily mine was bone stock and had one previous owner who was in his 40's. lol. As far as the SI, I dont think they are kid like. They are good, dependable cars. I have no complaints. If my daughter wasnt born, I would still own it. My second child being born is the reason I purchased an Evo to begin with.

Gsxrbots, Im not bitter at all. Takes alot more then competitive car talk to piss me off. I enjoy car debates. Im just speaking the truth good sir.

He didnt say he was gonna mod the hell out of it. He wants a good reliable car. Having had both Ill always be a Subaru fan. Have had 3 with no issues.Drive both and decide for yourself. Also own a CRV and it has 180,000 miles and I still pull the bikes with it.
What ever you say. STI's drivetrain is weak. The second you guys get close to 400 wtq yall start having problems. Suspension is no where near as tight as the Evo. Stock for stock the Evo wins in every category. Both cars modded, STI is behind. But I'm not going to argue with you about it. Many STI owners regret their purchases and wish they chose the Evolution. Hell go watch comparison videos by professional drivers and listen to what they say. Ive driven many STI's and it just doesnt feel as tight as the Evo. Going around hard turns sucks in a Subie. I wouldnt waste a dime on an STI as long as the Evo exists. Tell me why I am still on my stock IX turbo, and STI's equipped with 35r's struggle to keep up. I do all sorts of racing and have never been beaten by an STI. I have alot of friends that drive STI's so we mess around with eachother all the time. Evo is just a better car all around. Now a regular WRX, strap a bicycle to the roof and call it a day lol. Thats about all they are good for.

OP- If you want any info on the Evo, let me know. I am very educated when it comes to cars, especially the Evo. Evo can handle well over 500 awhp on the stock block. STI cant hold no where near that close. There is a guy from STM on this org and can chime in and really give some usefull information on both cars. Dont waste your money on a subie.

And evos have seen my tail lights many many times my friend so its not the fastest car out there. Displacement rules. lol

10.jpg

I never said it was the fastest car out there. Nor did I mention anywhere that the OP would mod the hell out of the car. I simply stated that one car was better then the other. (Proven) There is no doubt in my mind that you have beaten many Evos. Its a car, and any car can be beaten. Ive destroyed more Mustangs then I could count on both hands. 06 GT-500 on Slicks, 3 Mach 1's, number of GT's number of Cobras. There is always someone faster. Anyway Im done with this topic. Dont mean to thread jack OP. My apologies.

War- what does your car run? Power? Etc.... Send it to me in a PM if you dont mind.

I just wanted a car to whip around in and be a lil zippy, after the busa they are slow:laugh: and mitsubishi makes the turbos for the subarus

Same here. After riding the busa, the car is no longer an adrenaline rush. There are a couple evos in my city that can spank busas though. I hate that lol. They are pushing 800+ awhp. Ill be starting my big build here pretty soon though. And I plan to beat them pretty bad.

Back