New Busa Owner

macortez

Registered
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the board and Busa's. I live 50 miles south of New Orleans, Louisiana and I've ridden a 96 FZR600 for nearly 10 years. Unfortunatly she drowned in hurricane Rita. We stayed home during the whole hurricane, but at 3am the next morning the water topped the levees and rushed into the neighborhood. By the time we got a few things in the truck it was knee deep in the road and I had to leave the bike.

Anyways, it was past time for a new bike and this just helped me out a little. I got a 2005 red/black Busa from Performance Suzuki, formally Angelle's Motorsports. Wow this is a beast and I'm still breaking it in so I haven't seen anything yet.

I've already learned a few things here and will be watching for more. I've checked the fuel over flow area and I do have residue there. I need to get some longer hoses now. I'm getting the dremel tool out for the kick stand, and I'm headed to the hardware store for some quarter turn screws for the hump.

Sorry to hear about your losses, I hope your family was okay. I have several friends in N.O. who evacuated for Katrina - a lot of people lost a lot, some lost everything. Glad the Busa is working out for you, seems like you're off to a good start.

So, welcome. Now, POST SOME PICS!

Welcome & Congrats on the new Busa!

Please post up some pics!

<!--EDIT|omslaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129903438 -->

Welcome to the org...post up some pics! And, glad you're okay after Rita swept through...sorry about the bike though
sad.gif

smile.gif

Angelle as in ANGELLE SAMPEY?!!! Anyways welcome and enjoy the new scoot!!

Congrats and welcome! Glad you made it through the hurricane.

Hi all. I have a new Red/Black 2006 Hayabusa (pics to follow as soon as I get a hold of a digital camera).  I'd like to know if there are any lessons learned or helpful mods out there that I should know about. I'm completely in the dark about the fuel filler/hose problem, using a dremel on the stand, and the quarter turn screws for the pillon menhtioned earlier in this thread. I would like to remove the ridiculous looking reflectors, but I work on a military base - the base motorcycle safety instruction requires all safety devices, placards and warning signs to be in place.  If I pull them, the chance of getting caught is very low, but the penalty is rather extreme - no driving a motorcycle on base!

Any help or advice from you experienced Hayabusa owners would be greatly appreciated.

Back