New Busa Owner

Sweet! Awesome choice in color in year! We all know the 09 whiteys are the fastest Busas built!:thumbsup: All others were built on Monday mornings and Friday Afternoons.:laugh:

Thanks for all the replies.

Took a good 80 mile ride today and I must say I'm pretty impressed with the smooth balanced nature of my Busa as opposed to my 1000 I just sold. I was much more comfortable riding the Busa. It seemed to absorbed bumps better also. I didn't find myself "butt" searching as much for a comfort spot with the seat.

Although I've ridden gen1 and gen2 busa's before I never had a chance to become one with the bike, it's different when it's not your bike. I didn't get into at all, I just wanted to ride and get a feel for the bike. Tomorrow I'm going to yank the throttle and see what's she's made of! :laugh:

Welcome to the org my friend....this is a GREAT place to find out anything and everything about the mighty Busa. I am glad that it will be rode more then just sitting and looking pretty.:laugh: We will get some riding in together soon....and try to be somewhat tame...:whistle:

Oh yea we are going to get it in next year and and a little this year before it gets cold, lol.

Hey Stangman! I had a chance to buy that exact bike about 7 months ago with only 700 miles on it for $7900. I was just a little concerned about how long it been sitting with that few of miles on it. :whistle: Wish I had bought it though! Nice Ride! :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to the Org!

Well I went out again yesterday and got a chance to yank the throttle:laugh:. Like I previously stated I’ve ridden several busa’s before but never really yanked on them because they weren’t mine. My initial impression is that the bike is just as fast as my previous 07 1000 but in a different way. You see the 1000 is kind of soggy down low (as compared to the busa) until you get to about 8 or 9 thousand then it takes off like a freakin rocket as opposed to the busa which seemed to have a more linear pull to it. I also noticed that the busa’s front end doesn’t seem to want to wheelie like the 1000 does. It’s a challenge to tame a 1000 from doing a wheelie when you yank the throttle in first and second gear. The busa seems to handle higher speeds better; I didn’t realize I was doing 150 like I would’ve on my 1000.

I took my girl for a ride yesterday evening and she enjoyed the more comfortable ride and wider seat (her butt is getting bigger I told her, lol), also the 1000 rear seat sits higher with a down slope which she hated.

Hey Stangman! I had a chance to buy that exact bike about 7 months ago with only 700 miles on it for $7900. I was just a little concerned about how long it been sitting with that few of miles on it. :whistle: Wish I had bought it though! Nice Ride! :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to the Org!

Need for Speed you missed a great deal on a beautiful and CLEAN bike, don't worry I'll take care of her for you, LOL.

Oh yea I forgot to say that StateFarm said my payment should go down from 4-7 dollars a month. I figured it's possibly because more people have more accidents on the 1000's then a Busa hence it's cheaper to insure.

Yes.. welcome! How are you liking your new ride so far??

Past two days have been great. I may ride a little this evening after work. Believe it or not I kind of like the stock exhaust being quiet and all so I think I'll run it with that until after the winter.

Back