1st Ever Busa !

geordie

Registered
Pics of 1st ever Busa !
traded in my GTR1400 for it -- 2009 - 1 owner only 7000 miles - looks brand new :)

20140427_070709-1.jpg

20140427_070730-1.jpg

20140427_071445-1-1.jpg

... have since put on a standard screen as I didn't care for the zero gravity one. --- thinking about a Puig double bubble in orange ?

- seats have been covered in alacantra - more grippy than standars and I don't mind them !
- need an orange hugger though - any recommendations ?

Comfort : GTR obviously better - but the Busa's on a par with the ZX12 I had. It still took a full tank of fuel before I needed a break - so the comfort was what I expected (btw I'm 6ft 3" and about 15 stone) -- and it's got 2" risers fitted so wrists were fine too. (seat was hard though compared to the armchair in comparison on the GTR

Gearbox: Busa is lots better - no clunking and a very smooth gearbox - and virtually unnoticable clutchless gear changes

Weight and balance : Suprisingly not a lot to choose between them once on the move. Pushing them about is like night and day !

Engine : -- The gtr is a seriously quick bike too but the Busa is just more 'urgent' and you can somehow feel there's more power there even at lower speeds and believe it or not more 'revvy' compared to the GTR

Brakes : - The Kawaski's are miles better (and that's without even taking the anti-lock and linked trickery into account) - I knew they would be though and just have to remember that !

How the bike makes me feel !!! : -- the main reason for my change --- I love it already and it's a long time since I've gone into my garage on a regular basis just to look at my bike. It may be an age thing, but it's taken ten years off me ;))

thanks for the input... i was looking into that model as a daily work and home bike.. rain or shine kinda thing

im glad the busa was a good purchase for ya.. enjoy..

:thumbsup:

Congratulations!
Teflon/Stainless Steel Hoses, and better pads, would go a long way to improving your brakes.

Comfort : GTR obviously better - but the Busa's on a par with the ZX12 I had. It still took a full tank of fuel before I needed a break - so the comfort was what I expected (btw I'm 6ft 3" and about 15 stone) -- and it's got 2" risers fitted so wrists were fine too. (seat was hard though compared to the armchair in comparison on the GTR

Gearbox: Busa is lots better - no clunking and a very smooth gearbox - and virtually unnoticable clutchless gear changes

Weight and balance : Suprisingly not a lot to choose between them once on the move. Pushing them about is like night and day !

Engine : -- The gtr is a seriously quick bike too but the Busa is just more 'urgent' and you can somehow feel there's more power there even at lower speeds and believe it or not more 'revvy' compared to the GTR

Brakes : - The Kawaski's are miles better (and that's without even taking the anti-lock and linked trickery into account) - I knew they would be though and just have to remember that !

How the bike makes me feel !!! : -- the main reason for my change --- I love it already and it's a long time since I've gone into my garage on a regular basis just to look at my bike. It may be an age thing, but it's taken ten years off me ;))

Beautiful Bike! I too find myself glancing at mine every now and then for no reason at all. :laugh:

:welcome: To the Org! good choice on the Busa, they are very nice bikes! And I too, always shoot a look at mine in the garage. If it ever gets nice here and stops raining, I will go on a nice ride!

:agree: Congrats on a stunning busa ! just bought one the same, stock apart from aftermarket cans 8k miles and only one owner my second orange/black one ( best colour ) pick it up next saturday hopefully .... enjoy.:laugh:

Back