New 'Busa owner here in K.C.

horsepowernuts

Registered
Hey guys.I am the proud new owner of an 05 Ltd. Ed. Hayabusa and I am IN LOVE!!!!! After I recover from the cost of buying her(paid cash),I will be looking for the parts to fix and customize her the way I want her.Oh,and thanks for your input to all you that helped me decide on going back to stock or gettin' a bit funky with it:afro:!!! I decided that normal kinda sucks...no offense to any stock lovers. If anyone knows of a good place(maybe here)to get some good parts at a low price please let me know. My champagne taste on a beer budget forces me to ask:down:,but hey,I love to go fast....anyway,my bike was laid down by the previous owner,and I have the front upper cowl comin for it,I can fix the right lower right fairing,but my upper fairing stay bracket is jacked. Was maybe thinkin of heating it up w/ my torch and bending it back in place but I duno,anyone ever tried anything like that? Maybe better to just buy a used one on ebay(89.00).Just tryin to get her presentable to ride til I can afford to get silly with it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!!!! :thumbsup:

Man o Man, you got some really good peeps up there in KC to ride with. Welcome to the oRg! :cheerleader:

Congrats and welcome! Check out the classfieds for some good deals or eBay. If you need stuff done (mechanical or otherwise) that you can't do yourself check out Smithers Customs. Lots of good folk in the area to ride with and get help from. Enjoy it!

:welcome: Glad to have you on the org. We have several org members here in Kansas City. It has been my experience, that if the faring stay is bent, it is almost impossiable to streighten one out so that the nose fits right. I would recommend, if your going to spend some money, get with a site sponsor and get a new one. We have a big meet and greet in Eureka Springs Arkansas June 5-7th. Would be a good chance for you to meet several org members from all over.

you might want to go ahead and buy it instead of heating it up. For safety reasons of course
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey guys.I am the proud new owner of an 05 Ltd. Ed. Hayabusa and I am IN LOVE!!!!! After I recover from the cost of buying her(paid cash),I will be looking for the parts to fix and customize her the way I want her.Oh,and thanks for your input to all you that helped me decide on going back to stock or gettin' a bit funky with it:afro:!!! I decided that normal kinda sucks...no offense to any stock lovers. If anyone knows of a good place(maybe here)to get some good parts at a low price please let me know. My champagne taste on a beer budget forces me to ask:down:,but hey,I love to go fast....anyway,my bike was laid down by the previous owner,and I have the front upper cowl comin for it,I can fix the right lower right fairing,but my upper fairing stay bracket is jacked. Was maybe thinkin of heating it up w/ my torch and bending it back in place but I duno,anyone ever tried anything like that? Maybe better to just buy a used one on ebay(89.00).Just tryin to get her presentable to ride til I can afford to get silly with it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!!!! :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the .ORG

:welcome: Glad to have you on the org. We have several org members here in Kansas City. It has been my experience, that if the faring stay is bent, it is almost impossiable to streighten one out so that the nose fits right. I would recommend, if your going to spend some money, get with a site sponsor and get a new one. We have a big meet and greet in Eureka Springs Arkansas June 5-7th. Would be a good chance for you to meet several org members from all over.

+1 i tried heating and bending I dont think its almost impossible i would say it is inpossible i spent a couple of days on it and broke down and got one from ebay for about 80 bucks i think so not a huge dent in the back good luck with yours :welcome:

Back