Need some help with GSXR600

race24x

Registered
I bought a Gixxer 600 for my daughter and I am looking for some parts. Where is a good place to find used parts for a 93 GSXR 600. Maybe someone on here has something? The bike is damaged she has to do it herself so buying a 400 upper is not an option. Mostly need upper fairing fairing stay mirrors blilnkers maybe headlight etc.

I would definately 2nd the Ebay advice or maybe finding a message board specific to the make - I am sure there are tons of them!
I used to have an '83 Goldwing (very recently) and was amazed at how many parts were still available through the dealer!

Thanks guys I have been all over Ebay with no luck yet. I tried GSXR.com, but need 50 posts before I can put in a part wanted ticket. I am registering for Gixxer.com right now. I will get some pics she is pretty psyched about getting to ride with her old man next year. Alot of my friends where like are you crazy she can get hurt. The way I figure it getting the bike at 14 gives her something to work towards and learn ablout them before she gets to ride, plus at 15 I can make her take every safety course I can find including some racing school to learn a few things about corners object fixation etc. Also I can make her ride with only me for the first year and move up from there. I like that better than doing it like I did. Turn 18 buy my first bike no license and just take off on it. My mother was pissed but what can she do. Hopefully this way I can steer her in the right direction. Still it scares the crap out of me. Maine is a pretty good place to ride not alot of traffic and cagers to hurt you like other places. Here is a pic of my baby and me.

Shaunna and Dad Busa2.jpg

I bought a Gixxer 600 for my daughter and I am looking for some parts. Where is a good place to find used parts for a 93 GSXR 600. Maybe someone on here has something? The bike is damaged she has to do it herself so buying a 400 upper is not an option. Mostly need upper fairing fairing stay mirrors blilnkers maybe headlight etc.

I believe the plastic on those bikes are the same as on the 91-92 gsxr 750's and 1100's, just different colors. There's not a lot of those bikes out there, so it will be hard finding one for parts. I believe they used the same frame also, so you could upgrade moters eventually also. Those bikes were kinda pigs and didn't run that fast. Your local dealer should be able to tell you exactly what fits. Good Luck!

MDG_RACING_INVENTORY WWW.GOTMOTOPARTS.COM Used Sport Bike Parts

I don't think they will have anything for that year, he parts out bikes not sure from what year to year plastics are interchangeable gixxer forums may get you pointed in the right direction. But as far as local goes you may want to check with the local towing companies in your area they may have an older bike that can sell you as a parts bike or you may find a towman dealing out the back door for some cash:whistle:. (I am not nor do I associate with those kind of people)

Thanks guys. I am not that worried abotu it going fast I want her to learn top ride safe. I have my Busa, but she has alot of her dad in her not afraid of much which scres the crap out of me. Gixxer.com I am sure is a great site I hate to pay just long enough to get a couple parts but it looks like I might have to. I checked out that other site for used parts I will give them a call maybe they will come up with something just hasnt got it inventoried yet. They 92 93 GSXR 600 is different just a bit from all of the other bikes the 93 750 is close I could use all of the front fairings and parts but thats the only one.

:thumbsup:, thats great. I did like you hopped on and went... Not the smartest thing but you eventually learn. Be safe and take care of that little one!!!:beerchug:

Wow I guess they have it, but I wasnt ready for an upper to cost me 300 bucks in paintable condition. I am glad I didnt have alot in the bike. About 500 Bucks to finish replacing everything that it needs isntr too bad. It has been a while since I have bought used plastic LOL

Back