New bike, new mods

what's that metal deflector plate on the back of swinging arm, need to remove that. its acting as an air-brake, otherwise cool bike

edit post..... side license plate, that would normally reserved for Hardley Movinsons :laugh:

LOL agreed, but until I can find a better way to mount that thing (or conceal it) I will use my air brake :laugh:

Sweet! Bikes looking good! When you lower the front as you did, how does it affect handling? And how so does it affect it if you go +6 in the rear with the lowered front?

Also, I want to have my rear sets powder coated also, do I contact any local paint shop? Or is it a specialty shop?

Sweet! Bikes looking good! When you lower the front as you did, how does it affect handling? And how so does it affect it if you go +6 in the rear with the lowered front?

Also, I want to have my rear sets powder coated also, do I contact any local paint shop? Or is it a specialty shop?

T&M powder coating.
Site sponsor, great work and turn-around time.
Did my pegs and many others here.

T&M POWDERCOATING - Home

dig the look of the bike, nice work! i did the same mod with the gel seat drop in years ago and it's worth it's weight in gold.:beerchug:

Cool! I'll check him out. Thanks! Anybody know about the affects of lowering/handling?

To each is own on this one. Big E and Mysticblu are right though. I'm used to riding lowered bikes so to me, I don't really notice a difference. Also I don't strive to be a super canyon carver or a motogp wannabe. I have yet to ride a stretched bike, but my assumption is that handling will suffer in the sense of how it will turn and such. My 08 zx14 (stock) handled way different than the busa (stock) due to the wheel base being different and the more upright posture. You definitely had to put more effort in the leaning/counter steering to get the bike to turn. The busa definitely leans and turns a lot easier (stock and lowered) in my opinion. I would expect that she will start handling like the 14 did once I stretch it.

Now i will have to say that this is a clean looking '12... and something tells me I will be taking the same approach on the one i got 2 weeks ago...

Just posting a few pics of my recent 2012 Hayabusa that I bought. Just had the initial service done on Saturday (I would have done it myself but don't want any reason for them NOT to accept my warranty). Came straight home and wrenched on the bike for my first set of modes. Bike currently is at 740+ miles and I promised myself as much as I wanted to do the mods the same night I came home with the bike, I wouldn't do the mods till after my first service, which in my opinion is a true test of character when you have a gang of parts chillin in your garage from day one :laugh:

Mods:
-Lowering Triple Trees (from All Things Chrome)
-Soupy's Adjustable Lowering Links
-Hotbodies Megaphone Exhaust (painted black - still beyond me why they do not offer an anodized or painted version of the pipe). I needed to dent the left side to account for the shifter and kickstand
-T-Rex Racing adjustable kickstand
-removed rear fender, added a side mount license plate holder
-Modified oem seat with a gelpad from ebay (knoplace gel). Same idea of 'shaving' the seat but replacing the cut foam with the gel pad. Simple mod and only took about 2 episodes of Family Guy
-Removed nose and tail decals

more to come...
nice bike , what exhaust u used ?

Back