New bike, new account...

notcrazy

Registered
Started riding this time last year. Took the MSF basic class over Memorial Day weekend, had my first bike the following Friday. Started with a new Ninja 650. It got dropped a couple of times, and I found out why you don't put your bike keys on a long keychain.

I finally gave in to temptation, and after owning the Ninja for 368 days, traded it in. I was going to check out an '06 red/black 'busa that had about 4000 miles, but it was already gone by the time I got to the dealer. They did, however, have a brand new red '07 with 0 miles and aftermarket pipes. Their story was that the pipes had been damaged in shipping, but the outside of the crate looked OK. Once they opened the crate, they were stuck with a bike that had no pipes. So, they put different pipes on the bike and put it on the floor to get rid of it.

If anybody can tell me what pipes they put on here, I'd appreciate it. They appear to be 4-2-1 with a shorty tip. Bike sounds wicked, but it's honestly a bit loud for me. It's probably not possible, but I'd like to put a can on there to quiet it down without replacing the entire exhaust.

I bought the bike, now I have to make it mine:bigsmile: So far I've ordered a set of swing arm spools and no-cut sliders from T-Rex Racing. Got them today. Here are the other mods I'm planning on:

Mag-Knight tank protector (black or color matched)
Buell peg mod (6'3" with 36" inseam)
Handlebar riser
Undertail
Touring windscreen
Tobin (?) seat

I lurked enough to know the :rulez: - here they are ;)

busagauges.jpg

busaleft1.jpg

busaleft2.jpg

busapipe1.jpg

busaright1.jpg

busaright2.jpg

busaright3.jpg

Nice welcome to the org.:welcome: don't really know what kind of slip on you could get on that pipe. If you wanted to go stock you can fonde sets on e-bay really cheap or I'm sure someone here has something laying around that they would part with.

yeah, stock setup is heavier but there's probably plenty around here...where are you from?

As for aftermarket, no clue what that one is, I'm sure someone will chime in for you though :beerchug:

Pretty bike, plenty of things to do for sure to make it yours... as for the handlebar risers, you going something like reaper risers, genmar or helis?

:welcome: to the org. nice looking bike:thumbsup:

That is in fact a boz brothers b2 exhaust (retails for around 849$)and Im real happy with mine...by the way the 2 inserts inside there can be removed 1, or both to make even more noise!!!!
if you get a pc3 for it (which i recommend with that exhaust) i have the map for you..also if you do wanna remove the 1 or 2 inserts and are having trouble (there is one screw on the bottom of pipe and one inside the pipe) also some wd40 will make for easier sliding in and out
http://bozbros.com/exhausts/images/b2_suzuki.jpg

Boz Bros Online Store

by the way we have the same bike 2007 candy sonoma red..mine was giving some air brushing and currantly has 21,000 miles on the ticker with this exhaust
:thumbsup:

100_0339.jpg

100_0346.jpg

Last edited:
Straight out of the hangar roars the latest addition to the Boz Bros exhaust line: the stainless steel, triple-stage B-2. Half untamed hotrod and half finely tuned, racing-inspired design, the all-American B-2 offers a sound unlike anything else in the industry, and a look as unique as it is raw. Each system is TIG-welded by skilled craftsmen and features no badges, logos, or other commercial niceties, just a 4-2-1 design for maximum horsepower and torque, plus a no-apologies, slash-cut exit. The B-2 even knows how to get along with the neighbors: Command every scene you arrive on, or go stealth with the Boz Bros' patented triple-core design, which takes decibels as low as 110 without sacrificing the B-2's unmistakable sound. Constructed of thin-gauge 304 stainless steel, the B-2 features mandrel-bent tubes, racing-inspired merge collectors, and 9 to 23 pounds of weight-savings over stock OEM systems. Each Boz Bros exhaust is Dyno-tested and handcrafted in the USA. With slip-fit, spring-mounting, the B-2 bolts on to stock single or twin exits in half and full systems; available for most modern sport bikes. Visit your Parts Unlimited dealer to learn more.

Thanks, djsin! I figured somebody here would know them on sight. Dig the paint, btw :)

I'm not ready to take drastic measures like going back to stock, but I was hoping against all probability that I could tone it down a bit without switching pipes all together. I do really like the clean look. I guess I'll just have to get used to riding with ear plugs...

I am aware of the Power Commander, but I'm not familiar with it. I have read that it's a good thing to have with non-stock exhaust. Will running aftermarket exhaust with unaltered mapping have any ill effects? I know the power can be maximized with a PC and the proper map, but one thing I have not felt on this bike is a lack of power;) Does changing exhaust on its own increase power, or must the fuel/air mapping be optimized to see a result? What effect does the PC have on mileage?

For the riser I was looking at Soupy's ABS and Gen-Mar's aluminum. Google isn't showing much on Reaper Risers. Are they just the 4 spacers with longer bolts? I saw something like that on ebay and I have to wonder about putting the stress on the handlebars without support all the way across. Maybe I'm paranoid. I've seen the Helibars on the net and they look nice, but pricey. The easy installation of the riser block is appealing, too.

For the riser I was looking at Soupy's ABS and Gen-Mar's aluminum. Google isn't showing much on Reaper Risers. Are they just the 4 spacers with longer bolts? I saw something like that on ebay and I have to wonder about putting the stress on the handlebars without support all the way across. Maybe I'm paranoid. I've seen the Helibars on the net and they look nice, but pricey. The easy installation of the riser block is appealing, too.

Genmar are nice, havent looked at the soupy's but their other things are good quality. Reapers have been used by many here but are also the cheaper of all solutions. Not saying they arent good, just less finished looks.

The Helis are $$ however they do something that the others dont and cant. In addition to raising the bars they also spread them out slightly. For me, I have very broad shoulders so spreading my handlebars up AND out was key for me. Installation of the helis was incredibly easy, way more than the others IMHO. Just something to consider, before you spend the $$ might want to get out to one of the rides in your area and see if anyone has the setup you are looking for, I know for me it made decisions way easier (both for and against) on mods. :cool:

:welcome: Nice find. Hard to find a new 07' w/ no miles. :thumbsup: Not to mention it's already equipped w/ an aftermarket exhaust for ya

Back