Need to pull the rear wheel for a new tire. Whats the trick without a special lift?

voodoolord

Registered
As the title says, I have 2 twin beam jacks right now but the fairings in the way. Anyone have any tricks to get it up and stable for rear wheel removal?

Re: Need to pull the rear wheel for a new tire. Whats the trick without a special lif

Three tie-down straps ; one to each handlebar , one to the grab bar/or sub-frame (with seat removed).
Anchor the front two tie-downs to garage rafters about 8-10 ft. apart snug them up well but DO NOT lift the front off the ground.
Those just keep the bike from flopping like a dying fish once you lift the rear.
Then anchor the rear tie-down to a garage rafter directly above the tail section , and lift it until the rear tire is off the ground.
**DISCLIAMER** This is not the absolute safest way , and the bike will wiggle around a bit , but it will work in a pinch.
My Hayabusa has a factory centerstand which I LOVE . I have never heard if they were made for GenII Hayabusas.

Re: Need to pull the rear wheel for a new tire. Whats the trick without a special lif

Do you have a rear stand?

Most people here would strongly recommend buying swing arm buttons (they thread onto swing arm) , and a swing arm stand if you plan on turning any wrenches on your bike.
With careful shopping , all that can be shipped to your door for under $100.
A worthy investment in Hayabusa ownership. :thumbsup:

Ahh I should have tried it before I posted. My stand works fine and with a strap is totally stable. It makes me wonder why you need something like a bull dog stand anyway. Sorry for wasting your time guys.
IMAG0383.jpg

BECAREFUL with that type of hydraulic stand.....
I used one when I first bought my bike short story it tipped off in slow motion having my insurance company issue me a $3800.00 check.
Dude goto Harborfreight and buy ya one for 45.00 bucks with some 10.00 ebay spools.. You will be changing rear tires alot.

But if ya want to throw a strap over the plastic body work then have at it,,, "aint my ride":beerchug:

i have my way... cost me about 19 bucks at harbor frieght to get two jack stands. i set them on blocks . with a 3/8 bar i got from work. any handy jack works to lift it.

DSCF2644 (Medium).JPG

not a Busa but same banana :)

i have my way... cost me about 19 bucks at harbor frieght to get two jack stands. i set them on blocks . with a 3/8 bar i got from work. any handy jack works to lift it.

Saw someone else do this and it worked very well and very stable!!

That's a 5/8 rod.

Its pretty solid, I can't push it over.

I always feel safer with the rod through the frame and jackstands. I think I paid less than 8 bucks for a 36" rod at Lowes or Home Depot.

IMG_20120714_081929.jpg

IMG_20120704_183437.jpg

Back