Need Spa purchase advice

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
We are looking at getting a new spa and was wondering if anyone had any advice out there.

We want to keep the price down as much as possible.

with that said.

I want to be able to sit 7-8 people

Would like to have 52 jets or more

Preferably over 500 gallons

Would "like" at least an 8 foot by 8 foot size

I have been looking at Calspas, LASPAS, home depot. Home depot has some spas that seem to have just as many options as a calspa for instance and around $5000.00 cheaper.

Our current spa was a coleman. But they dont seem to have their act together. I think coleman still sells spas but their web site was difficult to find and it is a jacked up web site (not very proffesional) and when I had problems with my current spa (which seems like I always had problems with it) it was difficult to find anyone to work on it.

So, anyone have any experiance? advice on where to purchase one?

whats wrong with your currant one?
u can fix anything and everthing one them with minimal effort

you can get scratch and dent bowls round here cheap under 2 grand and you just buy the pump and hook up the plumbing

whats wrong with your currant one?
u can fix anything and everthing one them with minimal effort

I purchased it used and have had nothing but problems with it.

It wont stay on for more than 20 minutes then it produces an error code on the screen and I have to reset the breaker to get it to turn back on

because of that same problem I cant let it work like a normal spa where it goes through clean cycles.

It takes about 4 hours to heat up. so I can just decide I want to get into it, I pretty much have to plan ahead almost a day.

When one of the pumps went out, it took me 3 spa servicing places and 3 months before I could get the pumped replaced because no one could find a pump that would work with it.

I could go on but I wont, the bottom line is I want a spa that is reliable, the thing has been such a pain the arse that no one in the family has used it for over a year and a half and we all like spas.

Plus the thing was about 10 years old and had I think 6 jets, all the newer models have at least 30 jets or more.

Trust me, it wasnt worth it. I just want something that if I decide I want to sit in the spa I can get into it in less than 45 minutes

Last edited:
You can buy all new mechanicals for it at spaguts.com if you like the current tub. Everything you need, including heater, pump, air blower, ozone generator, and control panel. And I think it all costs about 700 bucks.

yeap spaguts.com...700$ new pump,b lower,control panel and heater all together and controls are digital not air ...i sold my tub to ibified and he was even able to swap my stuff over to a different tub..i can help u make your selection if you need me too

I had a IXTAPA made by Diamante Spas for six years. Sold it with my last house as I didnt want to move it. It had over 40 jets, held 5 adults but wasnt as big as the one you are looking for. I was on an electricity plan where it was cheaper at night so ran the cleaning cycle every night. That kept if fairly warm so it only took 20 to 30 minutes to warm it up completely. It worked flawlessly and stayed very clean. Once a year I would drain it and clean it but it didnt really need it. It was a great spa for the price and I got it at a super deal by shopping around. Good luck to ya ! Here is a link:

Diamnate Spas

Last edited:
This may sound funny... but check Ebay. I bought one 5 yrs ago on there; its 8x8 tons of jets, 500 gal, and 100sq ft filter,3 pumps, ozonator, you pick and choose the colors jets and extra options... and I paid 3200 to my door (back yard). No probs yet:thumbsup:

This may sound funny... but check Ebay. I bought one 5 yrs ago on there; its 8x8 tons of jets, 500 gal, and 100sq ft filter,3 pumps, ozonator, you pick and choose the colors jets and extra options... and I paid 3200 to my door (back yard). No probs yet:thumbsup:

Was it brand new?

yep... type hot tub on ebay you will find companys that will build what you want. I looked today you can still pick up a decent one for 3500:beerchug:

BTW I looked high and low like you and found ebay is your best bet for the buck. My dad said I was nuts for buying something like that, however some people have been selling the tubs on ebay for years with happy buyers. Just look through the feedback and email people from the spa dealers past to see if their stuff is still good... My dad went local and paid 7k for his and there is not much difference between ours, except I still have money in my pocket for bike parts:laugh:

I agree, Coleman is JUNK. My new one is Arctic and they insulate the cabinet rather than the tub. Much better.

Hey dude, hurry up and get that squared away...my back hurts and I could use a good soak :beerchug:

:laugh:

Hey dude, hurry up and get that squared away...my back hurts and I could use a good soak :beerchug:

:laugh:

Working on it :beerchug:

I owe you a phone call, sorry I havent called back yet. You know me and phones and have been busy between my back issues and projects and now having to fix up my moms house that is now ours.

Finally rented out our other place after it sat empty for about 7 months or longer.

Working on it :beerchug:

I owe you a phone call, sorry I havent called back yet. You know me and phones and have been busy between my back issues and projects and now having to fix up my moms house that is now ours.

Finally rented out our other place after it sat empty for about 7 months or longer.

Man, I bet it sure felt good to get someone back in the rental...no worries on
the phone call bro...I forgot what I called you about :dunno: I think I was just
checking up on how your back was doing.

Be Careful; most of the Spa guys are now bankrupt so I wouldn't count on much of a warranty....

Back