Bad things happen in 3's

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
Most of you will remember that last week the wife was in an accident and cost me new wheels & tires.

Well, Friday night we were headed to Reno for her 40th birthday weekend getaway.  I had a spa suite reserved and we were ready to relax.

We had gotten as far as Davis when we get a call from a neighbor.  There's a truck that crashed through your fence and hit your house.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
U-TURN, HAUL BUTTT while calling the police department
Never knew a Dodge 2500 turbo diesel could do nearly 100 down I-80.  Truck was not happy with me.

Get home, police are here.  Yes, a truck did come through our front yard but did NOT hit the house.  Stopped short by 6 inches.  

View from inside yard
IMG_1013.jpg

View from sidewalk
IMG_1011.jpg

Cops trace the truck down to who else, my neighbor across the street.  He owns a construction company and his driver parked the truck across the street up a hill and forgot to set the e-brake.  It rolled downhill, across a busy street and into my yard.
Fortunately he owns a construction company and promised to have it fixed by Saturday afternoon.

After the cops calmed the wife down and convinced us we should really head back to Reno and try to relax we drove on up.  Got there at 2am.  Now remember, I had reserved a spa suite.  

Bad thing # 3. It wasn't available.  All they had available was a 2-queen bed room.
IMG_1015.jpg

Oh no, she didn't just tell me that did she? Ok, time to go nuts; explain what I've been through so far that night and that I called on the drive up to confirm my room was available and still this happens?  Gimme your manager.

Long story short, we had a 2-queen bed for one night at a reduced rate and then got upgraded to a Grand Suite the next night for the spa room rate.  Ok.  I can live with that.
IMG_1018.jpg

When we got home, this was what was waiting for us:
IMG_1019.jpg

Sure does look nice.

What a long week!

New fence $0.00
Upgraded room $0.00
Spending quality time with the woman..............
Priceless

(05BusaLe @ Jan. 07 2007,22:39) New fence $0.00
Upgraded room $0.00
Spending quality time with the woman..............
Priceless
Plus, U got a good neighbor who kept his promise.

Accidents happen, glad he made good on his promise. Is thier help for the widows son?

just a thought...why is it bad things happen in three's .....what is the time frame in wich these bad things happen?...mabey we look for these things and count them to three just as a way to get mental relief and then can focus on "good" things comeing...mabey if we were not "looking" for these "bad" things we may not phsycologicaly "create" the circumstances that make these "3" things come to be.....just a thought for the philosophical...and those with wayyyyy to much time on their hands lol

everthing worked out in the end. most important is the time you got to spend away with the wife.

(thepushercg @ Jan. 08 2007,03:10) everthing worked out in the end. most important is the  time you got to spend away with the wife.
+2nd that

(BusaWizard @ Jan. 08 2007,01:57) Accidents happen, glad he made good on his promise. Is thier help for the widows son?
Aye, no matter where we go we're not alone in the light.

Back