need help buying a mini laptop advice ??

justa-busa-girl

Registered
anyone here got any good advice for me , i want to get a miny laptop that will be used for traveling. I will probally only need it for checking email, msn messenger, and web surfing. I am interested in the dell 10v10 netbook. Does anyone have one? If so do you like it?. Or do you have a diffrent brand that you like? thank for any imfo

Just a thought, but if you're just going to be using if for email and internet, you might want to think about an iPod Touch. It does all that, plus it's tiny and discreet and can tap into any unlocked Wi-Fi network with ease. The nice thing with that is it's easy to carry on the bike and you can pull over and use it at any truck stop, Starbucks or major social hubs. It also has maps too.

linky

this is the one i use when traveling...it fits in my luggage on the bike easily, has good battery life, connects to Wi-Fi or i can use my Blackberry as a modem...i believe Rayabusa has the 8" model but my big fingers like the additional keyboard space on the 10"...if you have any questions, send me a pm and i'll try to answer them :beerchug:

don't do Acer...expensive paper weight. dell 10v10 is a good unit I have had 1 problem with mine in the few months ive had it. tried the hp before and tried to throw it out the window at 30k feet...the prblem with the dell is the video display...giving a presentation from the unit is a chore.

ive run the acer with no issue. despise hp. biggest concern ive had is HDD space, most run flash ram for storage and only have like 16gig at most. if your going to have anything of size emailed to you, you may want to consider one with a regular HDD.

thanks for everyones replys, ill check in to all your sugjestions. If i do decide to get the dell were is the best prices places online if anyone knows?

Go to Dell Outlet (the link for the outlet is at the bottom of the page). I saw a Dell Mini 10v this morning refurbished for $249, plus you can get a coupon for another 15% off (search Slickdeals.NET - coupon just hit today). Most of the "refurbished" Dell laptops were originally ordered with Ubuntu, and then returned in 30 days when the owners realized they needed Windows. A friend at work has ordered 3 of these and they have all been fine.

I'm waiting for solid-state drives (instead of spinning disks) like they had in the Mini 9 netbooks. Figure I can get one for this price in about a year with 32 GB built in.

Wait a couple months. Apple is coming out with a tablet size touch. Should be great for what you want.

i Use the MSI Wind... pretty minty I like it.

you can also overclock it and run the MAC OS on it if you like, which is cool

I mean, they are all just Blackberry's with keyboards lol

my little acer has been a very nice little out of the way laptop to carry with no problems, of course i have modded it some with a 500g hd and 1.5 ram. im sure theres some lemons out there in acer, same as any other brand.

I'm selling a real nice Apple Macbook Air 2.13 GHz, brand new in the box. Real light and thin. Google it, you'll likey..not cheap though.

I've got to say, I've been PC person all my life, but while on my skydiving vacation EVERYONE was using Macs; they started a crapload faster than my PC, and the battery would last in hibernation ALL day (no way my laptop could compare)...if it were for just email and surfing I'd consider a Mac. The screen resolution was exceptional.

Back