Windows 8 - The toughest aspect of moving up?

Here is a picture of the metro interface. Win8 boots normally to this screen. It is a series of applets that do stuff like normal programs. Mail, pictures, surfing, etc... are all selected by either clicking or touching a tile. In the lower left corner is a tile with a pic of my Mustang. That tile selects desktop mode and presents the OS in much the same way you are used to with the exception of no start menu. You can google Classic Shell and see the program you can download to install and provide a good approximation of the old start menu. (One day someone is going to have to explain why in the world MS left this out?) After you get to the desktop and with Shell installed you are basically in a comfort zone with an XP type experience.

Menu3.jpg

Here is a picture of the metro interface. Win8 boots normally to this screen. It is a series of applets that do stuff like normal programs. Mail, pictures, surfing, etc... are all selected by either clicking or touching a tile. In the lower left corner is a tile with a pic of my Mustang. That tile selects desktop mode and presents the OS in much the same way you are used to with the exception of no start menu. You can google Classic Shell and see the program you can download to install and provide a good approximation of the old start menu. (One day someone is going to have to explain why in the world MS left this out?) After you get to the desktop and with Shell installed you are basically in a comfort zone with an XP type experience.

Looks like a tablet to me...

As usual many drivers are not ready yet, cant access any of my ECU editor maps!

Back