Need some step-by-step help please

If something is wrong, obviously it should be fixed and not just have a band aid thrown on it, but the Muzzy fan made a huge difference on mine in traffic.

One other really quick question..... Are you positive this is a cooling issue and not something else? Some examples; Oil level low/high can cause the engine to run alot hotter, Fuel/air mixture incorrect can also lead to hotter engine temps, and an easy one to look for the Fuel tank breather hose is kinked or obstructed! Sometimes, we look at the wrong systems for all the right reasons......
Thanks guys...I've got a list of things to check, mostly leaning toward a kink though...I know, I know...but, it's been this way since I bought the bike and the coolant level is perfect...

ks - I change my oil on a regular basis and am always checking it...even have the hubby check it just to give me the warm fuzzies, so oil is right on...

I haven't thought about a kink in any other hoses...I'll add that to my list...

Won't be able to even think about doing these checks 'til the weekend, if I'm lucky...I'll keep everyone posted 'cause when I can't figure it out, I'm dropping it off with one of you guys!
laugh.gif

And I'm noting the Engine Ice...again...need to just get some...is it available off the shelf, or do I have to order it from some huge supplier in the sky?
smile.gif

Thanks guys...
cool.gif

well except a bone stock, nothin wrong with it busa can and will overheat in this area pretty easily during the summer months. 90+F temps with 85%+ (usually higher) humidity .... couple that with lack of airflow (stop/go traffic) and bam, you have the ugly red light and the bike shuts off.

Now if that thing overheats like that in January, you gots something seriously hosed up somewhere
laugh.gif

My guess is air in the system. The Manual says to remove the Rad cap, and rock the bike from side to side purging the air from the system.

Stealth

Well for one the service manual says to replace the coolant every 2 years and when I changed mine to Engine Ice it was very nasty...I wondered how it cooled the way it was at all. I flushed entire system with a water hose and repaced old coolant with engine Ice runs like a champ now....If I could just fix my clutch issue.

Back