Need second opinion from YOU busa guys!

There's one thing nobody is telling you about stretched bikes....
How they ride soo much NICER! The bike will turn fine. If your that worried about it, shorten it up to 6" and it'll turn like a stocker.

Sooo many stretch haters on this board. I think stock wheelbase sucks donkey and is boring as hell.

I have almost 4800 kms on mine, he has 8.000 on the busa, going to see tomorow. And he wants additional money from me, since it is more expensive bike Here, and my is 07 his is 08. If i like it i might take it and as many suggested just go with stock swingarm.:thumbsup:

07 or 08 does not matter as much, it all comes down to mileage. how much cash are we talking about! ???

How they ride soo much NICER! The bike will turn fine. If your that worried about it, shorten it up to 6" and it'll turn like a stocker.

Sooo many stretch haters on this board. I think stock wheelbase sucks donkey and is boring as hell.

You know what I think stretched busa looks way better than a stock one. Its just the maneuverability that concerns me as i never rode stretched.:thumbsup:

While I don't share my associates enthusiasm, I will say that a 6" stretch and a slight lowering of the bike, will make it an awesome ride, period! A Hayabusa will never corner or handle like a GSXR, however how many people actually tap into even half of the cornering potential of a stack? The Hayabusa is a great choice, and its a shame you can't have both bikes. Ride it, ride it hard, ride it some more and enjoy the stares. Now that I have ridden a stretched Busa, no way can I go back to stock. Yes stock handles better, but not for my day to day needs (difference is so minute). Every time you ride past a building with glass and see that elongated beast you are perched on, ready to pounce, then you know....you did the right thing. Happy trails.

DSCF0105.jpg

Last edited:
If you are a big guy the busa is the cadillac of sports bikes plus you dont feel like a bear riding a bicycle.

If you like the looks and doen't care too much for the twisties then I'd say go for it.:thumbsup: But don't let him take too much $$$$$$ from ya.???

so who is he on the board? I like the 08 your looking at. I dont think you would have any prob. getting it back to stock if you later wanted to. many people would trade you their stock stuff for your stuff.

poor D.

I wonder why he's getting rid of it.

personally, I don't like extended swing arms unless you intend on drag racing.

you'll love the bike. That pipe is LOUD though. consider a proper high mount muffler (4-2-1 exhaust system), like the Ti-Force that I have.

Don't worry about the plate. It won't be an issue in ontario as long as you have a light on it.

As for every being down, the dirtiest thing that Busa's seen is the crotch of a Sunshine girl at a charity bike wash :cheerleader:

BTW, don't believe people who tell you a Busa can't lean

BusaBob (GTAM)

Last edited:
Those are swingarm extensions vs. a replaced swingarm, right?

Don't like it, you could always return it to stock. It will turn, but not like a stock bike if you ride the twisties. (they have twisty stuff in Ontario?)

Bike looks awesome! :cheerleader:
I agree, replace the swing arm with the factory model unless you plan on drag racing

You prob know but make sure the titles clear. In alberta the gsxr1000 sold for 9,999 and the busa for 12,900. However used is where the price changes used 1000's are worth more than used busas.

I have almost 4800 kms on mine, he has 8.000 on the busa, going to see tomorow. And he wants additional money from me, since it is more expensive bike Here, and my is 07 his is 08. If i like it i might take it and as many suggested just go with stock swingarm.:thumbsup:

If you don't ride the twisties then don't change a thing. I actually saw a kid with his girl on a stretched 600 passing everyone on the Gap.

Obviously a gixxer will out perform a Busa in the curves, and stretching the Busa only adds to that, and lowering it; well ...

This BUSA isn't owned by someone that owns another BUSA site is it...? ???

If it is, I can't believe he's even thinking about trading for a 1,000... :(

You better get the good deal while you can because he's going to regret the swap...

Back