Need opinions: 1kGSXR for Hayabusa?

youngmobs

Registered
So heres the situation:

I own a 2006 GSXR1K, I love my bike and got a really good deal on my bike. I bought my bike for 4500$, with only 900 miles on it (clean title, dropped once. bought from a friend that lost his job). It currently has 3500 miles on it.

I have recently done the following work to it:
M4 Slip on exhaust, Shorty levers, all black fairings and gas tank painted.

Now another guy I know has offered me a trade. His completely stock, show room clean 2008 Hayabusa with 2000 miles on it. For 3500$ plus my bike. I am torn and not sure what to do. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to mention lately I've been feeling too big on my 1k, I am 6'3 240. Thats one of the reasons I'm really considering this moving to the bigger bike.

I posted this on a 1k forum too, just trying to get opinions from both sides.

Thanks

2011-05-14_18-29-10_569.jpg

Riding that 1K is gotta be like an elephant riding a football. Not sure on pricing but you'll have a much more comfortable ride on the busa.

Yeah, can;t help you on the price but Im 6'-2'' and 240lbs and she fits me like a glove. I have a black and orange 2008.

4500 your bike
3500 go go with it
=8000, i would say thats pritty close deal , you may talk him down to 2000 and see if he goes for that ! it is an 08 !

i would do it. 6' 210 love the busa

Well if you just take the say NADA prices as guides and you got the 1k at $6930 avg retail and the 08 Busa at $8730 avg retail. Your looking at what, a $1800 difference plus if you add the couple bills for the pipe and other little goodies you put on the 1k , say 25-40% of add-ons value. that's gonna knock the 1800 down a lil from the stock busa. And I would also look at are those factory or repro fairings on the 1k? Nice paint or a rattle can job? Either way if you go by average prices and such you'll end up with a $1500-2000 difference. With him wanting $3500 to boot with the 1k, if you could get him down to say 2500 it would be an ok trade, if not I would go with selling the 1k and buying a busa straight out.

Just my .02 ???

4500 your bike
3500 go go with it
=8000, i would say thats pritty close deal , you may talk him down to 2000 and see if he goes for that ! it is an 08 !

i would do it. 6' 210 love the busa

Yes, this is a option too. If you just wanna look at it as you only having 4500 in the 1k and adding 3500 cash, 8k for a 08 is not too bad. If you can get him down to 2-2500 I'd say go ahead and pull the trigger too.
But keep in mind you just put out the cash for you said exh,fairings,levers,paint. I don't know what you put into them and you will never get it all back but don't shoot yourself in the foot either. Yeah , I am no where as big as you and have the 1k as well as busa and no doubt you have to be uncomfortable besides look a little funny on the 1k (no digs just stating) and would def. be better suited on the busa. All I'm saying is don't end up with 10k in a 8k bike if you can help it. And remember I'm only using nada average prices, so the 08 busa's may be selling for more but then again so are the 1k's.

Again only my .02 but just trying to offer some help since you asked. And in the end it is totally up to you.

I just bought a 2008 Busa with 1k miles for $8000. I love the bike and am 6' 225 lbs unsuited. My old bike was a 2002 Busa and the difference between the Gen1 and GenII is like night and day. Seems like a fair deal and you will love the 08

So heres the situation:

I own a 2006 GSXR1K, I love my bike and got a really good deal on my bike. I bought my bike for 4500$, with only 900 miles on it (clean title, dropped once. bought from a friend that lost his job). It currently has 3500 miles on it.

I have recently done the following work to it:
M4 Slip on exhaust, Shorty levers, all black fairings and gas tank painted.

Now another guy I know has offered me a trade. His completely stock, show room clean 2008 Hayabusa with 2000 miles on it. For 3500$ plus my bike. I am torn and not sure what to do. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to mention lately I've been feeling too big on my 1k, I am 6'3 240. Thats one of the reasons I'm really considering this moving to the bigger bike.

I posted this on a 1k forum too, just trying to get opinions from both sides.

Thanks

I would talk him down on the price a bit or take all the extras off the 1K . why does he want to do this trade? does the Busa run well? tell him to let you take it for a spin, see if you like it or not before commiting. I warn ya the Busa is addictive lol

I used to own a K5 GSXR 1000 for 4 years and now own a 2011 Busa. (6' 4", 190) I have found that the Busa is more comfortable to me than the GSXR, of course. The Busa feels more powerful around the street, because I keep the RPMs lower and the Busa feels more powerful in the bottom range than the GSXR did (don't know if it's true, but it feels like it), but I imagine it's not terribly faster concerning acceleration if you keep the RPMs up on the GSXR. The Busa does turn like a pig though compared to the GSXR, it's no Harley, but it's no GSXR either.

They are both great bikes so you really have to consider what you want out of the bike. If you love the twisties, stick with the GSXR, if you want to sacrifice a little handling for a little comfort, go for the Busa. My decision was that I wanted both, so I now own an 02 GSXR 1000 for a track bike and a Busa for my street bike :beerchug: I still love the K5/6 GSXR 1000s though and I would replace my K2 with another K5/K6 over any other year GSXR.

8,000 for an 08 sounds good. Find out what that 1K is worth.

Around here the 2006 GSXR 1K are going for around 6K in excellent condition no mods. Prices vary by area of course. One thing to try and try and sell and find a better deal with cash in hand. Nice to have a deal already there ready for the taking :evil: But if you go by what you have spent looks good to me. See if he can come down a little on the cash but if the Busa is what you want, this isn't a bad deal imo

Keep the 1000, save and buy the busa outright and have both. JMO. Sweet Gixxer!

Back