Need second opinion from YOU busa guys!

Vladcanada

Registered
I currently have 2007 gsxr love it and all, but im a big guy, and as most of you looking to upgrade for a more comfy bike, i found a used Busa owner who wants to trade for my gixxer + cash, here's a pic

View attachment 1510143

I never rode stretched bikes before, but im not looking to drag knees, is 8" extention is decent? Will i be able to turn at avarage speed on the road? Educate me please :) Going to look at it friday, very very tempting as it is nicely moded too!

The owner of the bike is a member here too :)

What you think????

Last edited:
Those are swingarm extensions vs. a replaced swingarm, right?

Don't like it, you could always return it to stock. It will turn, but not like a stock bike if you ride the twisties. (they have twisty stuff in Ontario?)

Bike looks awesome! :cheerleader:

I currently have 2007 gsxr love it and all, but im a big guy, and as most of you looking to upgrade for a more comfy bike, i found a used Busa owner who wants to trade for my gixxer + cash, here's a pic

View attachment 1510146

I never rode stretched bikes before, but im not looking to drag knees, is 8" extention is decent? Will i be able to turn at avarage speed on the road? Educate me please :) Going to look at it friday, very very tempting as it is nicely moded too!

The owner of the bike is a member here too :)

What you think????
Ride it first to see what you think...its going to feel alot different than your 1000. I think you'll like it. I'd put the wheelbase back to stock though if those are just extensions. And raise it back to stock height. It'll handle and ride alot better, plus it won't be bottoming out on everything with you on it :thumbsup:

Those are swingarm extensions vs. a replaced swingarm, right?

Don't like it, you could always return it to stock. It will turn, but not like a stock bike if you ride the twisties. (they have twisty stuff in Ontario?)

Bike looks awesome! :cheerleader:

Exactly.

I would agree with previous posts, make sure you can return it to stock, all original parts are provided.
Looks like the tag mount might be a problem. Check with locals and see if it will be a heat seeker for tickets.
Stretched bikes can be a violation of local and state laws.
It would be no fun to receive a bunch of tickets on a bike you did not mod, and the excuse "I did not know" rarely helps.
If the rear tire extends out enough that the fender is not effective in preventing road spray, you may be in violation.
Bottom line, no one wants to be hassled over a mod. Make sure it is legal and will pass any inspection.

Last edited:
Going from a Gixxer to a stretched Busa you will be shocked at the turn in. However, it is an easy fix to return the Busa to stock. Then sell the extensions to pay for your trouble.

The original performance characteristics of the chassis has been ruined by the extension, so if you are interested in riding the kinds of twisties you are likely familiar with on your Gixxer, than as others have correctly observed, return this bike to stock and start living the Good Life. :thumbsup:

Sure like that jet-coated Tsukigi Canon exhaust on this paint scheme... :beerchug:

Going from a Gixxer to a stretched Busa you will be shocked at the turn in. However, it is an easy fix to return the Busa to stock. Then sell the extensions to pay for your trouble.
Yea like going from a VW Bug to a BlueBird Bus

Stretched bikes are not to my liking (well to ride).. but you live in pretty flat territory without a ton of good twisties.. You just gotta get to the Beer Store and back :)

Gixxer to a Busa...big diff on the nice side. If you dont drag knee as staited, you will be fine. You staited your a big guy and just riding around town, so take off the extansions as prev posted...unless he mod the rear shock to handle the longer stretch! Check on that! Either way ( keep as it is or change it back) you will be in for a great time on a BUSA:beerchug:

I went from an 07 Gixxer 1000 to the Busa. It does not handle like the Gixxer but it does handle very well for a bike it's size. If you put wheelbase back to stock you should be very happy. I know I am.

DSCF0005.jpg

Ride it first to see what you think...its going to feel alot different than your 1000. I think you'll like it. I'd put the wheelbase back to stock though if those are just extensions. And raise it back to stock height. It'll handle and ride alot better, plus it won't be bottoming out on everything with you on it :thumbsup:

Ditto. It will not cost anything to put it back to stock. I would trade now before he changes his mind.

I do like the 'Busa and know fora fact that it is more comfortable than the GSXR1000. I've never ridden a stretched bike myself and would probably prefer the stock wheel base as well. Looks like a Tsukigi exhaust on that one.

I do like the 'Busa and know for a fact that it is more comfortable than the GSXR1000. I've never ridden a stretched bike myself and would probably prefer the stock wheel base as well. Looks like a Tsukigi exhaust on that one.

I went from an 07 Gixxer 1000 to the Busa. It does not handle like the Gixxer but it does handle very well for a bike it's size. If you put wheelbase back to stock you should be very happy. I know I am.

DSCF0005.jpg

many, I sure like that black and orange, but I think it would look better if it was ALL Orange!

how many miles that busa has? if mileage is low and check it out to make sure has not been dropped etc...
is he giving you some cash too? ...or you are giving him some cash?
i will do it with no hesitation regardless cash or no cash as long as mileage is good. 08 vs 07 and busa vs. gxr1000? what are you waiting for?:thumbsup:

how many miles that busa has? if mileage is low and check it out to make sure has not been dropped etc...
is he giving you some cash too? ...or you are giving him some cash?
i will do it with no hesitation regardless cash or no cash as long as mileage is good. 08 vs 07 and busa vs. gxr1000? what are you waiting for?:thumbsup:

I have almost 4800 kms on mine, he has 8.000 on the busa, going to see tomorow. And he wants additional money from me, since it is more expensive bike Here, and my is 07 his is 08. If i like it i might take it and as many suggested just go with stock swingarm.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back