need new clutch

mrbuff754

Registered
I have 3,500 miles on my K8. 2 oil changes. 1 new back tire. I feel like my clutch is on its way out. The engagement point feels way out on the throw of the clutch lever. I ride daily and hard. Such as a few trips to the drag strip, high speed run, wheelies(power and few clutch ups).
So my question is
do I just ride like an A**hole or do they go out fast?
Should I go with a locker clutch?
How bad is the locker for street riding?

a new clutch needed at 3500? ouch...

either faulty clutch/ hydraulic system or faulty operator... (an honest opinion from someone you ride with should help)

Locker (Lock Up) clutch isn't going to help make your clutches last.

You're either riding the clutch more than need be or something is wrong.

well i am getting my new swing arm back in the next week or 2. stretched 10 inches. i am looking to hit up the strip hard core and a rolling burn out mess on the streets

well i am getting my new swing arm back in the next week or 2. stretched 10 inches. i am looking to hit up the strip hard core and a rolling burn out mess on the streets
pillepalle.gif
What kind of tire do you plan on running at the strip with a 10 over arm? Traction will be your enemy.

Well no wonder your clutch is out at 3500 miles.

You've been practicing slipping the clutch and launching haven't you?

my clutches on my first busa lasted about 18000 miles before having to change them, with some track days and very hard riding.

they dont last as long now since dedicated track bike. that doesnt seem right

Dragracing is hard on the clutch. Not hard to replace. You gunna do it yourself?

if it does go out on my i will change it my self.
IDk i might be over thinjing it, maybe it just needed to break in?
yeah, a good amount of slipping it off the line.
and lots of wheelies.

i will clutch it up at like 45-60MPH and it will leave a sweet 3 foot burn out then stand right up .
i kinda feel like an a**. i love to put my busa up on 1 wheel

Get some heavier clutch springs. Such as the APE prostocks. I'd run only 3 instead of all 6 to save your clutch hand.

Get some heavier clutch springs. Such as the APE prostocks. I'd run only 3 instead of all 6 to save your clutch hand.
I'm getting ready to do the same myself... I pretty much only use my bike for riding to the track, drag racing, then riding home...

I am getting the drag pak from Cycle Concepts and well as some springs from them. I'm a little worried about breaking my sprocket cover though. It appears that the sprocket braces/covers made for the 99-07 busa's don't fit the 08 busa's and I can't find one for the 08's
sad.gif

It's like playing with fire  
fight.gif

I take that back, exotic cycles makes a support for the 2008 hayabusa's and I have one coming my way now thanks to CdiPrecision
beerchug.gif

Back