Need Nerve to Buy

konisko

Registered
Want to make the move ... not afraid of the bike now (thanks to the good advice on the forum) ... afraid of the "deals". I'm looking at three different 2008's. 350 miles to 6000 miles. All stock. (I'm in So Cal)

My best deal will be on the low mileage 6.5 to 7k ... with lightly scratched fairings. Wrong bike for rider, he stuck it in the garage after dumping on each side at a stop and at gas station.

The other two ... 3k and 6k ... clean stock. Interesting enuf, the 6k ask is $9k and the 3k is $8k.

I'd sure like your opinions. I don't mind the scratched ... but what other problems could I have with a low mileage bike sitting in a garage?

:welcome: to the Org.! Seem to be getting good money for the 'scratch and dents' there! Good luck on your search for the bike your gonna love! :thumbsup:

The only question is how much are you willing to pay? Anything else wrong with the 'lightly scratched' version? Do you plan to get it painted anyway? Comes down to what you plan to do and how much green you have.

Welcome to the madness!

JUST DO IT! :) But seriously, get the bike that moves you! Heck, I will gladly ride down to LB to help you decide

P.S. No need to worry about a "low mileage bike sitting in a garage". Worse case, tires may have "flat" spots if it sat still for a really long period of time.

sorry dude, there's an 06 on the forum for sale, turbo for 10k, 7k miles on the clock. i'd say grab that sucker bro.

Pay a little more and get the bike without scratches. You'll thank yourself later when you are looking at the prices for replacement plastics.

have to agree with jphil on this one. if you plan on keeping it stock the pay the extra dough but if you have the change to go the custom route then the 1 with scratches might be more suited for you. all depends on your wallet

Heres what I learned the last two weeks. I went that route and bought a "lightly" scratched bike with the intent to repaint it myself and put on new decals. Spending time removing the stock decals, removing the panels, sanding everything down and repairing the scratches has been a pain and I still have to spray it and put on decals. The stock decals are not cheap! Paint, reducer, activator and clear is getting much more expensive to. I wish I would have bought the bike I wanted that didn't need the work.

Curious if you're already set on a Gen II? Or if you're open to Gen 1's? There is a cherry
'05 blue/silver, 5500 miles, pipes/dyno already done for $5700 here in Temecula: 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Here you go

NERVE

And I would go with the one with no Damage as well, Its not cheap to fix the Plastics and you can figure on finding a couple things you didnt see before you bought it.

Yes,

Listen to these guys. I don't regret my purchase at all!! but it is currently sitting in the garage with all the fairings off because of tinted lenses, etc. that I don't like. So look and wait and get what you want. It is a pain in the ass to go through all of that.

No big deal right now, just extra expense. It is colder than hell here, so no worries about missing riding time :laugh:

As a side not, someone mentioned the price of fairings, they are not kidding. A set of those will run you about half of what you pay for the bike.:(

Back