What's high mileage???

XovertoBusa

Registered
Well, I've lurked long enough. I ride a Dyna wide glide and have wanted a busa for quite awhile. I almost have the funds saved, but there is a deal I'm going to look at on Monday, here it is. It's an 02, with 23,000 miles. What is concidered high mileage?? The ad states the bike is in great shape, and I talked to the seller last night, he got the bike in a trade and rides a 600cc.
He says it hasn't been down, but has a couple of normal scratches for 23000 miles. What's everyone's thought's? Oh yeah-price is 5500. Thanks, Eric

23k on a Busa is not high mileage...we have members that have put 100k on them :beerchug:

There will be plenty of people chime in with 20-50k+ :thumbsup:

if there are service record available on that bike 23k should be nothing ;)

Busas, properly kept, brother, tend to be rather bullet-proof. If you get a chance to see the service records, that's always a very telling-tale.

A couple of pix to spice up the thread...the odo shot was taken about a month ago...nearly 2k more miles since then.

Enjoy, brother!! Good luck, and keep us posted!

Scar Palomar (1) 05OCT08.jpg

25000-Miles-9-25-08.gif

Hot damn, 25K on an 08!! props to you man, wish I could do that, I put 8500 on my 05 this year, Got her in march with 5800.

Hot damn, 25K on an 08!! props to you man, wish I could do that, I put 8500 on my 05 this year, Got her in march with 5800.

Warchild has nearly 31,000 on his Gen2, mine is just shy of 27,000. Gotta love it!

:beerchug:

I have an 06 for sale with 10,xxx miles in the classifieds. Pm me. a little more than that 02's price though.
Posted via Mobile Device

:( I wanna come hang out with you guys.

You're welcome here, just like everyone, brother.

Now...let's see...I was looking for pricing on a revolving front door for the guests this winter... :rofl:

:beerchug:

Like the others have said, that is low milage for an 02. My 05 has almost 40K. Get the busa, the more you ride it the more you will love it. :thumbsup:

Well, I sure appriciate the responses. Things have changed since I posted this this morning. I might be among the lucky ones to get layed off? So I better hold tight for now, I'm thankful I have my Harley to ride. And hope things change as I'm not giving up on the Busa dream. Eric

38,000 on my 05 , not one service record kept, and you realy dont have to be nice ! they take a kickin!!!!:thumbsup:

I put 35K on an '06 in 18 months. It was running great. Like others have said they run forever and I would consider 20K low mileage on an '02 Busa.

Good Luck and :welcome:

at 44k now on my 04 but thinking hard about a new 08 cause i want more busa, the 04 runs fine just want more busa:thumbsup:

Back