NEED MORE POWER! whats next!

stangfreak91

Registered
I've got an 02 LE. It's got all the bolt ons for the most part. I want to add more power but WITHOUT ADDING NOS OR TURBO!

And I don't think I want to dump $4000 for a well built 1397cc
motor just yet.

So I ask my fellow Busa Community. What are my options?

I think if I could get the bike to dyno around 180-190 at the wheel, I'd be content for the moment
biggrin.gif

What should I get and where should I go to have it done.

Thanks guys in advance.

I have 171 to the wheels and only have the brock exhaust cam and adjustable cam sprockets added to your list. If you want more then you could get up to about 175 from a set of yosh or web cams if you have them degreed correctly. Have someone that knows these motors do the install or you will regret it but it is well worth the money. If you want over 180 you will prob need turbo / nos / big bore or something of that nature. Good luck and let us know what you decide on.

I have 171 to the wheels and only have the brock exhaust cam and adjustable cam sprockets added to your list. If you want more then you could get up to about 175 from a set of yosh or web cams if you have them degreed correctly. Have someone that knows these motors do the install or you will regret it but it is well worth the money. If you want over 180 you will prob need turbo / nos / big bore or something of that nature. Good luck and let us know what you decide on.
Thanks. I think a ported head and good set of cams will get me where I need to be for now.

I have 171 to the wheels and only have the brock exhaust cam and adjustable cam sprockets added to your list.  If you want more then you could get up to about 175 from a set of yosh or web cams if you have them degreed correctly.  Have someone that knows these motors do the install or you will regret it but it is well worth the money.  If you want over 180 you will prob need turbo / nos / big bore or something of that nature.  Good luck and let us know what you decide on.
Thanks. I think a ported head and good set of cams will get me where I need to be for now.
yep, or stroke it.

I have 171 to the wheels and only have the brock exhaust cam and adjustable cam sprockets added to your list.  If you want more then you could get up to about 175 from a set of yosh or web cams if you have them degreed correctly.  Have someone that knows these motors do the install or you will regret it but it is well worth the money.  If you want over 180 you will prob need turbo / nos / big bore or something of that nature.  Good luck and let us know what you decide on.
Could push over 180 with Megacycle 385 cams, full exhaust, airbox, PC w/ custom map

Back