more power

Shean

Registered
hope you guys can help. I want to put more power to my 08 busa. I'm only trying to get about 205-210 horses out of her. So far the mods I have are yosh full Exhaust, power commander, Xtre, and bmc Race filter. So what do you guys suggest.

Will swaping the exhaust cam for an intake cam work, with some headporting and some Dyno time get me to where I want to be. What do you all think.

Rear wheel or flywheel power?

Rear wheel is going to take a big bore kit, turbo or NOS and full exhaust with tune for all three choices. Flywheel will be full exhaust, filter and tune.

That will be horse power to the ground. And not trying to be rude, but Greg what do you mean by hang tight.

Knowing Greg, he is pulling the parts list from a recent build to match your wishes. Get ready to write checks............

exactly greg has to check the list of already done builds to get you matched perfectly with with the right parts to get exactly 205-210hp

Just get your head redone at carpenter racing. You can unbolt and rebolt it on yourself if your semi mechanically inclined.

Don't forget about clutch springs...

Last edited:
A picture is worth a thousand words...

100_0313-Copy.jpg

100_0314-Copy.jpg

100_0315-Copy.jpg

100_0390-Copy.jpg

100_0391-Copy.jpg

100_0392-Copy.jpg

100_0393-Copy.jpg

100_0394-Copy.jpg

Ported head/cams will do that easy.

Heck, you can get 200rwhp with a good exhaust setup, basic bolt on's and some VP gas. It all depends on the setup... ;)

You could get 230+ with a big bore and other tweaks but don't have to for what you want.

If money is an issue, you could do a 20-40 shot of nitrous but again setup is key... :beerchug:

Thanks GotBusa. What if I just port myhead what can I expect.

You really aren't going to gain much doing that only. You need cams and a few other things to get the full performance potential. For what it's going to cost ($800-1,200+ for a port job ONLY, $2k+ for everything), you have other options...

What are your plans for the bike...?

hope you guys can help. I want to put more power to my 08 busa. I'm only trying to get about 205-210 horses out of her. So far the mods I have are yosh full Exhaust, power commander, Xtre, and bmc Race filter. So what do you guys suggest.

Will swaping the exhaust cam for an intake cam work, with some headporting and some Dyno time get me to where I want to be. What do you all think.

Was your bike dynoed after the mods you made? You need a baseline to see what the most efficent way to get more power out of the engine is with out busting your bank account. I am going to step out on a limb here and say bump the displacement via big bore kit, replace both cams, some head work and a dyno tune after the engine is broken in This should get you in the 200-210 range. Tune the engine for street if that is what you will be doing.

Thanks for that answer turbobusa. Looks like that idea is in the garbage.
You will get more of a power increase with a head and cam package over pistons alone, do both and you are on the road of no return. Do the head and cam set and have the bike tuned, thinner head gasket. She will run as long as she is not all choked up..........FOR RACE USE ONLY of course.

You really aren't going to gain much doing that only. You need cams and a few other things to get the full performance potential. For what it's going to cost ($800-1,200+ for a port job ONLY, $2k+ for everything), you have other options...

What are your plans for the bike...?
you wouldnt be talking a hair dryer now would ya... :laugh:

Back