Cam Positioning

busaracing

Registered
Can someone post a pic of the cams (stock intake cam for exhaust cam swap) installed before degreeing them? I will be taking it over to my buddies house in the next day or so to degree them. I just wanted to get it close before I go over there. I can not figure out where to set the intake in place of the exhaust cam. I assume I put the intake on the intake side just like the manual shows.

(busaracing @ Mar. 11 2007,03:02) Can someone post a pic of the cams (stock intake cam for exhaust cam swap) installed before degreeing them? I will be taking it over to my buddies house in the next day or so to degree them. I just wanted to get it close before I go over there. I can not figure out where to set the intake in place of the exhaust cam. I assume I put the intake on the intake side just like the manual shows.
the service manual shows the proper positioning ...
hopefully you have the adjustable sprocket and degree wheel set-up required... just follow the manual on the cam chain pin count and sprocket alignment under camshaft installation.
I seem to recall needing TDC on cyl#1 some many years ago...but that was another bike.

here is a rather useful page as well....

http://www.schnitzracing.com/technical_corner.htm

Back