Need ideas....installing radar on the BUSA....

Just go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a piece of metal to fabricate a mounting plate to attach you your clutch reserve lid. Also, don't forget to take you stock OEM Clutch cover screw with you so you can get a longer bolt to accomodate the extra thickness of the plate so you mount everything back together. The stock screw probably won't be long enough to pass through the new plate and stock clutch top lid.

Plate mounted:
DSC01431.jpg

I had to use a velcro strap to mount my V1 to my mounting plate, becuase it didn't come with bracket like yours. If you notice I'm only using one screw to hold my plate but you can use two for the extra security.

Good luck.

Just go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a piece of metal to fabricate a mounting plate to attach you your clutch reserve lid. Also, don't forget to take you stock OEM Clutch cover screw with you so you can get a longer bolt to accomodate the extra thickness of the plate so you mount everything back together. The stock screw probably won't be long enough to pass through the new plate and stock clutch top lid.

Plate mounted:
DSC01431.jpg

I had to use a velcro strap to mount my V1 to my mounting plate, becuase it didn't come with bracket like yours. If you notice I'm only using one screw to hold my plate but you can use two for the extra security.

Good luck.
is that duct tape I see on there? please tell me its not
wowold.gif

Plate mounted:
DSC01431.jpg

Good luck.
is that duct tape I see on there? please tell me its not
wowold.gif
wowold.gif
Yes it is.
sadnews.gif
I wanted to keep the V1 remote as close a possibly to the upper half of the mounting plate, keeping it out of the way of the controls below off to the side. Using double sided velcro was an option but it still would have been to far away than what I wanted to be causing interference. Beside the tape isn't detectable with the radar mounted on top.

wowold.gif

I meant to say to keep the V1 remote closest to the bottomside of mounting plate with the V1 radar on top. As I said before its a behind the scene thing that will not be visible. Have you looked behind your fairing? Suzuki uses black tape in certain areas for holding.

Hey Arctic, like the others alluded to, there is a strong connection between mounting location and successful detection! You don't have to mount it real high on the inside of the windscreen (lower/toward the front is more concealed) but mine never gets in the way and has saved me many times ($400 Bel with earbuds). It comes out of the detector, joins up with the Zumo (navagation and XM radio) then to my ears.....the detector has a good volume control and will yell at me OVER Billy Idol, etc.         Raydog

P1000693.JPG

And here it is. In this shot it looks like it blocks the view of the guages but it doesn't. My Cortech mini tankbag right behind it doesn't interfere with its rear antennae either.

IMG002__Medium_.JPG

Back