NEED HELP!

(ks-waterbug @ Sep. 25 2007,06:02) Sorry misunderstood your question..... Thought you were having trouble getting the rod out to replace it not the quarter sized rubber seal. Like said above, Split the cases
sad.gif

I have heard of people not splitting them and replacing it but I've never seen it done without doing it.
Goldenchild gave me and idea last night. If I can get a piece of rubber cut to size and drill a hole slightly smaller then the rod and then epoxy or somehow stick that to the current seal I could make a temporary seal until I have time to do the actual seal itself so i may try that to see if it works. If it doesnt work i guess ill be pulling the motor this weekend.

Are there any other gaskets that need to be replaced when doing this job?? or do the cases just come apart right there then go back together?

(rxtreme7 @ Sep. 25 2007,07:46)
(ks-waterbug @ Sep. 25 2007,06:02) Sorry misunderstood your question..... Thought you were having trouble getting the rod out to replace it not the quarter sized rubber seal. Like said above, Split the cases
sad.gif

I have heard of people not splitting them and replacing it but I've never seen it done without doing it.
Goldenchild gave me and idea last night. If I can get a piece of rubber cut to size and drill a hole slightly smaller then the rod and then epoxy or somehow stick that to the current seal I could make a temporary seal until I have time to do the actual seal itself so i may try that to see if it works. If it doesnt work i guess ill be pulling the motor this weekend.

Are there any other gaskets that need to be replaced when doing this job?? or do the cases just come apart right there then go back together?
A supper dupper band aid.
biggrin.gif
Let us know if it works, even if its temporairly.

(rxtreme7 @ Sep. 25 2007,09:46) Are there any other gaskets that need to be replaced when doing this job?? or do the cases just come apart right there then go back together?
Hopefully Daniel's suggestion will work cuz otherwise you're looking at (practically) a complete teardown of the engine.

As for gaskets, well among others, you'll need a head gasket & base gasket...

ok so i just double checked to make sure where the oil was coming from and sure enough its coming from the hole where the rod goes in, so its not around the outsides of the seal and block isnt cracked which is good.
smile.gif

Im just pissed the suzuki would make such a poor enigneering decision where you have to disasemble to whole engine just to replace a 4 dollar seal. pisses me off.
argue.gif

ill have pics of the leak up shortly

Just a suggestion. I've used this glue - ("Power Poxy" brand, and specific glue is "Poxy Marine") to cover a crack in the engine cover, and in other instances. This glue becomes hard as a rock (well, extremely hard plastic) and can sustain temp up to 250 deg. Just clean the surface and it will glue anything to anything. I also used it to reconstruct tabs in my headlight assembly. Once it hardens, you can drill it, paint, whatever.

(rxtreme7 @ Sep. 25 2007,11:58) ok so i just double checked to make sure where the oil was coming from and sure enough its coming from the hole where the rod goes in, so its not around the outsides of the seal and block isnt cracked which is good.
smile.gif

Im just pissed the suzuki would make such a poor enigneering decision where you have to disasemble to whole engine just to replace a 4 dollar seal. pisses me off.
argue.gif

ill have pics of the leak up shortly

Be prepared for that next chain pop (like me) and invest in a billet sprocket cover to protect your waterpump and pushrod getting damaged.
Right click onto the below highlight to view.
SUZUKI4LIFE

David

It's a 6 dollar gasket not 4.

It was mailed out today ( Tuesday)

Just regular mail though.

Didn't have any express envelopes.

You have a motor to pull anyways to fix this properly.

So have you learned a lesson about using butcher tools ?

(TIMMYDUCK @ Sep. 25 2007,17:05) David

It's a 6 dollar gasket not 4.

It was mailed out today ( Tuesday)

Just regular mail though.

Didn't have any express envelopes.

You have a motor to pull anyways to fix this properly.

So have you learned a lesson about using butcher tools ?
thanks a ton man...and yes ive learned my lesson.

check and/or adjust your chain regularly and you wont have this problem!!
rant.gif

rxtreme7 ,

I have figured out a near if not total permanent fix for you but it's impossible to type .

If you don't want to split your cases , put your phone number in my PM box and I'll call you tommorrow evening . It would be great if you have a cordless phone so you can be at the bike at same time .

(mountainmotor @ Sep. 25 2007,19:13) rxtreme7 ,

I have figured out a near if not total permanent fix for you but it's impossible to type .

If you don't want to split your cases , put your phone number in my PM box and I'll call you tommorrow evening . It would be great if you have a cordless phone so you can be at the bike at same time .
well that would be awesome if i could get your on the phone to help me fix this thing without cranking the case. unfortunatly the bike is at a friends house (because he has all the tools lol) and i work 2pm - 11pm so if we did it over the phone it would have to be around 10-1ish in the afternoon tomorrow before i got o work or after i get aff at 11. if you could type it up though that would be AWESOME. lemme know whatcha wanna do!

(PocketRocket @ Sep. 25 2007,20:51) How much is a billet sprocket cover? Where to find one?  $$$
rock.gif
 I'd rather plan ahead...  Is it a B**** to put on?
Easy cheesy to do, all your doing is removing a couple of bolts. Heres where you can get a heavy duty billet cover.

Super Kaos hayabusa site, tell'em Rhythm sent you!
http://www.kaotichobbies.com/products_slv.htm

(mountainmotor @ Sep. 25 2007,19:13) rxtreme7 ,

so what do you want me to do? see my previous post incase you havent seen it yet.

That is just ugly.

Your new seal should be there today or tommorrow.

What I want to know is how you could go after that half- push rod with needle nose pliers?

(TIMMYDUCK @ Sep. 27 2007,11:01) That is just ugly.

Your new seal should be there today or tommorrow.

What I want to know is how you could go after that half- push rod with needle nose pliers?
well if i would have know at the time that the motor has to be pulled to replace to seal, i would have gone at it a little bit differently. lol

Back