06 HAYABUSA clutch rod problems

whynohat

Registered
i have a 06 hayabusa and the push rod wont go in for some reason..instead it pushed the sprocket cover out a little and cracked it... maybe its the washer between the push rod and the other rod that goes in the clutch help

The clutch covers crack sometimes. It is a weak point in the system.
If it is cracked, the rod does not perform properly.
You need a new clutch slave brace, and they make extra support products for the OEM, or a beefier unit altogether.

Hey:

Welcome!

:welcome:

It wont work if the sprocket cover is cracked. You need a new one and as Mike said, just get a billet one and be done with it. Not sure how having the chain too tight would do this? Who tightened up the chain?

they are unrelated.

I just put a brace on mine the other day because it was cracked. Will be getting a billet cover, the brace was to hold me over til the 9/11 ride. contact member Goldenchild, he has the braces for a good price! Or you can search for a billet cover and be done with it as well.

the thing is that the clutch does not work at all... i will buy a new sprocket cover and hopefully it doesnt crack again... it was weird ..the bike was running fine ,i put a new chain on becuz the old 1 was stretched out to ****! but from it being loose i just tighten it up like a champ but i still had like 1/4" slack on buttom...then 5 minutes later the clutch slowly stopped working as i pulled in my driveway ..i seen the whole clutch basket moving (where the rod was but i didnt see a crack till later) i took the sprocket cover off and i had some rust or oil build up on the rod but the rod just wasnt pushin in the clutch and instead push out the other way and cracked the sprocket cover...hopefully it was just the over!!

the thing is that the clutch does not work at all... i will buy a new sprocket cover and hopefully it doesnt crack again... it was weird ..the bike was running fine ,i put a new chain on becuz the old 1 was stretched out to ****! but from it being loose i just tighten it up like a champ but i still had like 1/4" slack on buttom...then 5 minutes later the clutch slowly stopped working as i pulled in my driveway ..i seen the whole clutch basket moving (where the rod was but i didnt see a crack till later) i took the sprocket cover off and i had some rust or oil build up on the rod but the rod just wasnt pushin in the clutch and instead push out the other way and cracked the sprocket cover...hopefully it was just the over!!

99% chance it is just the cover (Clutch slave mount)
If it moves at all the clutch won't work.

pull the clutch cover off the right side and check to be sure something isn't wrong on other side...

well i just ordered a new cover ... once i get it im gonna see if that fixes it and if it does then i'll order the support for it..and if not then im gonna have to pull other side off and go from there.... just came to my head that was bolt was loose a little and i cant find 1 of the other bolts and if so then thats how it cracked ,just was weird that it happened right after the chain being changed.. but thanks !!

heres the picture of my busa :)

5333_1214648163857_1158410164_30646362_2520959_n.jpg

i put the new sprocket cover on and bleed the clutch ,the lever is hard but now the clutch grabs way too late i barely need to pull in the lever! WTF!

yeah..thats how it is supposed to be.. Im pretty sure my clutch cover was cracked since I bought it so when i fixed it it seemed like the clutch disengaged right away.. youll get used to it.

its like i almost got no clutch tho? all i did was change the sprocket cover...i really dont wanna lose my clutch somewhere! just weird and i dont think i could get the hang of havin to pull in the clutch a half of inch to shift and whatnot!

ok im an idiot..the clutch feels brand new now.i guess i always had a problem with that cover since day 1 i bought that bike which had 500 miles on it...never felt the clutch that strong b4 !

Back