NEED HELP!

rxtreme7

Registered
So after my chain broke and took out the clutch push rod, to name just one thing. I had to use some pliers to get the rod out of the block where it goes in. in that spot it goes through like a rubber gromet or whatever to seal it. well after I got everything back together it started leaking real bad, so i guess i need to replace it now. except i dont know how to get it out. any advice?

Got to push it out from the clutch side of the bike.... Yep that means opening up the clutch!

The one I think your talking about you have to split the engine case .

It goes in place before setting the the transmission in .

EDIT: Look around real close in that area and see if the case is cracked .

(mountainmotor @ Sep. 24 2007,14:05) The one I think your talking about you have to split the engine case .

It goes in place before setting the the transmission in .

EDIT:  Look around real close in that area and see if the case is cracked .
SHOCKED.gif
ewww...
crazy.gif

I hope it's not THAT seal. If it is you'll be in for a bit of work. There is a board member here that sells the block nut socket you'll need to get the engine out.

o ****...please tell me you guys are joking. ill be calling golden child as soon as i get off work for some advice.

No joke. That seal requires that the case be opened up.

That's a bummer, man. Still, it isn't impossible to do. If you have someone else do it, I'd expect it to cost some bux. If you have a lot of mileage, might as well replace other parts if they are showing early signs of wear.

Good luck.

--Wag--

(rxtreme7 @ Sep. 24 2007,19:21) o ****...please tell me you guys are joking. ill be calling golden child as soon as i get off work for some advice.
Daniel will tell you the exact same thing.
sad.gif

(Busa505 @ Sep. 25 2007,00:59) wow  while ur at it time for a 1397 kit  and under cut ur gears and  .......and .....etc.....      
jump9.gif
and im gonna pay for that with the $120 in my checking account? or the $300 in my savings? lol Im broke as a joke and I really didnt need this right now
sad.gif

the bike is my daily driver and I am having to borrow a buddies bike for right now. I think im fudged
sad.gif

sad.gif

Sorry I am to late to tell you this,
guns.gif

but a high powered extendable masgnet is the right tool to use.
super.gif

I happen to have that gasket sitting on the bench if you would like it.
beerchug.gif

(TIMMYDUCK @ Sep. 25 2007,00:14) Sorry I am to late to tell you this,
guns.gif

super.gif

beerchug.gif
Where can one purchase a high power extendable magnet and have you used one in a situation such as this?

(Rhythm @ Sep. 25 2007,00:22)
guns.gif

super.gif

beerchug.gif
Where can one purchase a high power extendable magnet and have you used one in a situation such as this?
Mine is a Snap-on product.

And yes, I have used it to pull out half a push -rod on a Busa.

(TIMMYDUCK @ Sep. 25 2007,01:27)
(Rhythm @ Sep. 25 2007,00:22)
guns.gif

super.gif

beerchug.gif
Mine is a Snap-on product.

And yes, I have used it to pull out half a push -rod on a Busa.
Thanks for the heads up, how much?

(TIMMYDUCK @ Sep. 25 2007,02:28) Not much for a snap-on, like 30 bucks with the sales tax.
AAAssjani.gif
 Ouch,$30 for a magnet. Hopefully the heavy duty clutch slave cylinder  case I installed will protect my push rod and water pump in the event of a snapped chain.

Sorry misunderstood your question..... Thought you were having trouble getting the rod out to replace it not the quarter sized rubber seal. Like said above, Split the cases
sad.gif

I have heard of people not splitting them and replacing it but I've never seen it done without doing it.

(TIMMYDUCK @ Sep. 25 2007,03:14) Sorry I am to late to tell you this,
guns.gif

super.gif

beerchug.gif
if you could over night it id love you for 1000 years! thanks man ill PM you my addy.

Back