Please help!! Oil leak

KvHotDog4

Registered
Ok so I have oil leaking from the clutch push rod seal #32 in the pic.
06SUGSX1300RZHAYABUSA007.jpg

Can someone please tell me how to get it out? I have the new one and it looks like you pry it out, well I tried that with no luck and now after further inspection I think I have to take the engine case apart. I really hope I am wrong here but either way I have to fix it now.
Thanks in advance for your info.

06SUGSX1300RZHAYABUSA007.jpg

im almost certain you can prise it out but you need to remove the push rod and then pry it from the centre hole.

refit with a suitable drift that covers the seal and not the case.

im almost certain you can prise it out but you need to remove the push rod and then pry it from the centre hole.

refit with a suitable drift that covers the seal and not the case.

I have been trying to pry it out, it is tearing the seal which is fine because it has to be replaced, but the new seal is quite a bit larger than the opening. probably an 1/8" all the way around, which is why the seal thats in there is so hard to get out. I am pulling the clutches out now hoping to reach it from the other side.

You can remove the clutch assembly and basket but there is not enough room to access the seal from what I recall. Check the repair manual to see if there are any pictures of the case from that angle. I'm not near a motor that I can look at.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back