need help TurboTorch.. or anyone else

kkattan

Donating Member
Registered
hi Guys.. using these instructions..

http://ww2.netnitco.net/users/vairxprt/alarm.htm

couple questions..

one.. on the first pic.. Turbo recommends installing the siren and speaker on the left side.. in the pic the air scoop thingie is gone.. is that okay.. or do we try to replace back on top of the speaker.. i thought it was too cool whatever that white metal thingie.. some kind of computer?

two.. if later i want a new undertail.. what about all this mounting of speakers, antenna, and brain module.. can that stay?

thanks
smile.gif

I put the "scoop thingy" back on -- no problems.
I had to remove my (california emmisions) charcoal canister to mount the brain. But yeah -- all my stuff is mounted to the stock undertail -- so changing that may give you some headaches.
Anyone know how to engage mute mode on this thing?

I put the "scoop thingy" back on -- no problems.
I had to remove my (california emmisions) charcoal canister to mount the brain. But yeah -- all my stuff is mounted to the stock undertail -- so changing that may give you some headaches.
Anyone know how to engage mute mode on this thing?
fits huh?..seems like it wouldnt fit back on.. oh well.. and i guess you can hear fine throught it..

ok.. thanks..

"Anyone know how to engage mute mode on this thing?"..

i guess you read Tubro help instructinos... link in first post.

ya -- that sucker is plenty loud !!
I didn't ever hook up the brown wire (to stop the music and "happy all the way" crud) but there is a way (per the engrish instructions) to mute the siren and I can't quite figure it out.
I do know pressing lock once activates alarm --2nd press is alarm and perimeter sensor

okay thanks bro..

i will let you know if i figure out how to mute it...
maybe pm Turbo-Torch

Sent you a PM. Put that cover flap back on otherwise you'll see the siren and you don't need a thief reaching in there and ripping it out.

Thanks TurboTorch..

man you have helped me so much..

guys.. Turbo-Torch is awesome.. really cool and always offering free advice.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|kkattan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138676569 -->

No problem!
smile.gif

Just a note to anybody putting this thing in...double check everything with a voltmeter!  Some of the wiring colors (especially the turn signals) vary from one year to another.

Also remove the battery from your pager if you're not going to use it for a while. Just like a real pager it's always looking for a signal. The generic dry cell included with the kit lasted about 3 weeks constantly on. I'd use a alkaline and keep a spare in the trunk as it would suck if it died when you're in the middle of nowhere with the system armed.

<!--EDIT|Turbo-Torch
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138678400 -->

I forgot my voltmeter at the shop
sad.gif

turn sigs are pretty easy tho -- they will have 3 wire "colors" for 4 wires - the 2 that are the same color are the grounds . For 05 gnd= black with tracer - left= black and right= green

okay.. almost there..

still stuck on.. ignition disable.. not sure where to connect pink and gray wires..

and on the flashing blinkers.. where do the yellow wires connect.

thanks.

The pink and gray wires act as a switch to open any circuit that will shut the bike down.  I chose to disable the fuel pump circuit by dropping power to the fuel pump relay.

An orange/white (I think) wire leading to the ECU can also be used to cut the ignition (just like hitting your red kill switch) but I didn't like the idea of cutting into the main harness there.

Thin yellow/black wire going to the fuel pump relay was cut and the alarm pink attached to one side and the alarm gray attached to the other.

disable.jpg

For the flashers...one yellow wire splices into the hot lead for the left signals and the other yellow wire splices into the hot lead for the right signals.

Left side will PROBABLY be black.
Right side might be light green, dark green, dark blue or light blue.  The grounds which you don't want to mess with should be black/white.

<!--EDIT|Turbo-Torch
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138837779 -->

woo hoo !!!

finally got the alarm thingie done... took way longer than it should.. but i learned a few things (not much if you ask TurboTorch
smile.gif
about electric wiring..

thanks everyone..

Back