Need help removing craigslist ad...

adrenaline101

Registered
Just bought this 12' Busa and the seller is having a hard time taking the ad down since he deleted the email craigslist sent to revise or delete. I told him I would try to flag it but I guess it takes more then my flags. Any help flagging it to remove it would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance! :)

Craigslist ad >>> 2012 Hayabusa 900 Miles

Also: Now looking for a set of Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Fiber Slip Ons for it. Anyone have a pair?

Why make this your problem? If he lost the e-mail and you have purchased the bike, just let him deal with the messages until it expires. I mean, why get however many involved on a bike that is sold and done with?

Why make this your problem? If he lost the e-mail and you have purchased the bike, just let him deal with the messages until it expires. I mean, why get however many involved on a bike that is sold and done with?

I thought the same thing. Seems a little strange..

IIRC, can't the seller simply login to CL and take the add down? The only drawback is that doing so means that you can't repost the ad for 7 days, but that shouldn't be an issue on a sold item.

TallTom:

Just thought Id help him remove the add and give him a hand. Bought it off an older guy and just thought id help him out so he doesnt keep getting emails. No big deal.

devious1:

Not strange at all. Hes an older guy, probably doesnt know exactly how to delete the ad. Figured id give him a helping hand. No worries.

Good on ya! Why not offer simple assistance to someone? Just b/c we don't have a legal or official obligation to lend a hand shouldn't mean that we don't, especially when it costs us nothing to do so. Lending a hand in simple matters whenever we can (and it's safe to do so) is just part of being good person. And lord knows the world can use more good folks.

Well done!

go to his house and unplug his PC. tell him plug it back in in about 80 days. problem should be fix.
hope this helps

:laugh:

MelodicMetalGod:

My thoughts exactly! Thanks. Good deeds seem to be getting harder to find these days. It takes longer for a response to this thread then "1" click on the link and "1" click on thr PROHIBITED button. ??? :whistle:

I have deleted posts of mine after I sold items.

The poster has to log into his account and then there should be a list of all the items he has for sale.
Then there should be a delete this posting box to check. Then it will be gone.

If they can't find that - then editing the post with something like "THIS ITEM HAS BEEN SOLD" should help reduce emails to him.

As a last resort there should be a way to contact someone at Craigslist to help walk him through the process of deleting that posting.

Hope this helps.....

Wasn't meaning any disrespect in your intentions. I have just learned to be leary of "helping" craigslist situations. Seems to be a new scam every week brewing from it. I sold some bike parts awhile back and 2 of the little punks came back later and tried to steal my bikes. Serves me right for selling stuff out of my house on Craigslist.

I found a pretty nice smartphone on the road. I tried to give it back and the guy practically assaulted me before it was over with. I guess from my perspective, good deeds can sometimes come at a cost of "I never should have". More power to ya if you feel the need. Good luck.

So the original owner deleted his original email from CL? (You know, the one that says "don't delete this".) If so, it should be in his trash box, just have him handle it from there.
Should be able to put this Easter crisis to bed by sundown.

FWIW, I did make the "prohibited" click, with predictable results..

TallTom,

I totally understand what your saying. I never gave it must thought of how it may sound to others of the Busa community, just didnt over think it and figured id ask for a little assistance. No worries bro, I appreciate your thoughts. Thats friggn hilarious how you tried to give a phone back to the owner and he was so skiddish...lmao! Ride safe bro!

devious1:

Greatly appreciate the help man...and good call on the TRASH mailbox! But if hes like my Dad, he deleted that too....Haha! Ill mention it to him. Again, thanks for the help! Ride safe bro!

follow the above advice ..go into deleted mail...it will be hiding there.have him move it back to his in box and then delete the ad...simple simple.

GMBUSA
VIPERWHITEBUSA

The "Edit & Delete" ad email was apparently deleted in his deleted mail too. Only way is to flag ad. Takes 2 Clicks to flag. 1 on the link I posted above and 1 on the "Prohibited" button...easy as that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TallTom, Hard to believe its this hard to remove a craigslist ad.

Back