Need Help Removing Front Fender

ProMorpher

Registered
This is my first time removing the front fender and I have no clue how to remove the clips that hold the brake lines. The one on the side was easy because the hose just pops out, but these other 2 are sealed around the hose. Here are some pictures of exactly what I'm talking about.

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

That's one piece I haven't removed yet. Sorry, can't help ya. I'm sure someone will drop in and hook ya up on how to do it though.
wink.gif

You have to pop the rivits and re rivit. You should not have to take the fender all the way off for taking the tire off, itf that is what you are trying? Just taek out all the bolts then you should be able to move the fendor up about an inch, which should be enough to drop the wheels. If you are changing lines ect. you most likely will have to re-rivit the unit.

If it is the one that I am thinking of it's plastic and just pushes through the fender. You should be able to pull it out or try to get to the back side and squeeze the tabs together.

Another tip while we're at it... It was posted by some who had removed their fenders that they scratched the forks up gettin' the fender out from between 'em. My suggestion was to put several layers of masking tape (duct tape would work, too) around the forks in that area before pullin' the fender out. Should save some scuffs on the fender and the forks.
wink.gif

If it is the one that I am thinking of it's plastic and just pushes through the fender.  You should be able to pull it out or try to get to the back side and squeeze the tabs together.
Those are the ones. They are some sort of plastic just pushed through a hole.

The third one is the one that has 2 rivets in it and I don't need that one off, the hose easily pops out of that one.

I'm doing all of this because I'm replacing the fender. Pretty big gash in the front from the dealer so dealer ordered me a new fender. So I need to get these 2 clamp things out and still be able to pop them into the holes on the new fender going on.

Wish I could help, but I gave up and took mine in to the stealer for them to do. They charged me like $15, but it was worth it for me!

If it is the one that I am thinking of it's plastic and just pushes through the fender.  You should be able to pull it out or try to get to the back side and squeeze the tabs together.

The third one is the one that has 2 rivets in it and I don't need that one off, the hose easily pops out of that one.

I'm doing all of this because I'm replacing the fender. Pretty big gash in the front from the dealer so dealer ordered me a new fender. So I need to get these 2 clamp things out and still be able to pop them into the holes on the new fender going on.
What ya doin' with the gashed fender? How bad is it? I might be interested in it for another painter or paint demo piece. Let me know...

What ya doin' with the gashed fender? How bad is it? I might be interested in it for another painter or paint demo piece. Let me know...
Finally got them out. Just squeeze on the underside of them and pull out. Real tight fit, but they will come out. Thanks fellas.

As for the fender, it's not that bad. Looks like it could easily be fixed up. I'll take some pics of the fender later today after i get my bike put back together.

Back