Need help picking a tire

busakiller

Registered
Bike
Gen 1 busa 1397 200 whp
Going 8 inch stretch

Right now I have the bike set up with stock arm and 6 inch extensions. Bike hooks great on the street and barely wheelies if it does from a 40 roll. Right now I am running a shinko hookup 190. With my extended aftermarket swingarm the shortest it goes is 8 over. The bike will spin the tire with ease. So I am looking for a better tire to get it to hook on the street from a roll. Iam looking a power cup evo or a power rs. Has anyone had any luck with these tires with bikes that make good power?

Bike
Gen 1 Hayabusa
1397 200 wheel horse power
Going 8 inch stretch .

Right now I have the bike set up with stock arm and 6 inch extensions.

Bike hooks great on the street and barely wheelies if it does from a 40 roll .

Right now I am running a Shinko hookup 190 .

With my extended aftermarket swing arm the shortest it goes is 8 over .

The bike will spin the tire with ease .

So I am looking for a better tire to get it to hook on the street from a roll.

I am looking a power cup evo or a power rs .

Has anyone had any luck with these tires with bikes that make good power ?

attachment.php

Not trying to ask them to do more than they should ~ if you buy a higher number they'll last longer . . .

However, that also means that they will not stick nearly as well as the lower number tires !

What I've found out is that the 180 / 55 " HOOK - UP " works great for the drags.

I would not ask that tire to perform well heading up to an Idyllwild ride !

The "ADVANCE" 005 would be my choice for curving roads.

The " APEX " 010 would last me a little bit longer.

Buy whatever you want to go ride with ?

I am OK ~ with a good Shinko *

Just my 2 cents here.

Red, *<(:{)-

:popcorn:

I had same issue with my Turbo GSXR with a 10" arm and switched to a Michelin Pilot Power think it was 2CT and it hooked great. It is a more round profile but it stuck better

Last edited:
Anyone try using a car tire, a cheater slick style car tire? Hell, Harley’s and Goldwings have used them for years. Why not on a drag bike? Jus sayin.

Some of you guys can't read. The shortest my arm will go is 8 over. Plus the hookup isn't the best tire out there. Shock adjustment hasn't helped. So I am looking for a new tire

Some of you guys can't read .

The shortest my arm will go is 8 over .

Plus the hookup is not the best tire out there .

Shock adjustment has not helped .

So I am looking for a new tire .

Not here on the internet to argue personal experiences ~ taller tires puts down more rubber & shorten your bike *

tech27-5_image4.jpg

What about a shock revolve and spring? Gotta pay for mine so it’s not even in yet. But revolve and 1000lb spring for 200lb rider @ 66”

I have a guy that does shocks. We have done alot of changes and nothing has helped. Yes going shorter will work but I don't want to. Since I want to use my drag arm as it has my air tank and my bottle fits on it. Hookups are soft tire for the street. Iam running 1 up and stock rear sprockets. So it's not like I am geared like crazy. I guess I will order both tires and see what one works the best.

I have a guy that does shocks .

We have done a lot of changes
and nothing has helped .

Yes going shorter will work but I don't want to .

Since I want to use my drag arm
as it has my air tank and my bottle fits on it .

Hookups are soft tire for the street .

I am running 1 up and stock rear sprockets .

So it is not like I am geared like crazy .

I guess I will order both tires
and see what one works the best .

If you want the taller tire to work for you ~ then put your arm as far forward as it will go *

42f058151bb5133a9ac0a48462285bbd5b528e91b83036ecfe2af44ad6b491ac.jpg

Please don't waste your money buying ~ the same old short tire that did not work *

My bike is not cut frame. Iam going with a 190 55. I have a evo cup on my turbo bike and that hoOKs pretty good. So maybe I will try that tire first on the big bore bike. Looking to spray my big bore bike on the street.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=263435330707

If you have some friends that race smaller road race bikes ~^~ grab one of their 180/60 rear race take offs *

View attachment 1581180
As redbull said .....Not sure if you missed my post, but I had same issue with shinko on my GSXR on the street with 10" arm. Put similar take off on and yes went down to 180, didn't look as wide, and had a rounder shape than the shinko but it stuck great on the street.

Back