need help choosing a tire

bigbadboy

Registered
got 2400 miles on my bike and the tire is gone. well it was good till i went to the strip 2x that killed my tire but. i'm looking for a better tire with more grip. i have been steered to the "dimpled" shinko or the pilot power.i will be stretching my bike 6-8 inches soon. main purpose is going to be straight line racing

Michelin Pilot Power 2CT. My stocker went at 3200. Put these on and have no ill effects (like stockers) and great grip. Have 6000 on bike and still more than 50% treadware left. Will buy these again. Bottom line is stockers are junk! IMHO!

I am not a straight line kind of rider. I like twisties and am on my fourth set of Pilot Powers. Bike is an 04 by the way. This time I went with the dual compound. I have always heard that the Shinko was the better drag tire though. I wore out the original battle axes in less than 3000 miles then went through a couple sets of Diablo Super Corsas before going to the Pilot Powers. The Diablos were too darned soft. Got less than 2K out of each set.

think i might try the shinko 1st then the pilot power. i have a feeling whatever i put on there isnt going to last long with the way i drive

go with the maxxis supermax from motoxoutlet like 228 shipped to my door so for the pair you cant beat them good tire i dont slide or sin tht much and the mileage is great

mileage isn't really a big concern as long as the tire performs. this tire would have lasted me prob another 3-4000 miles if i would have stayed off the strip but i couldn't lol. the tire was still new when i went to the strip and it looked like i left it there too but i like doing big long pro street burn outs(like we call em' here)

Pilot Road 2 if you drive a lot 2x. If just bought and I am satisfied. Orginal Bridgestone BT15 went at 3000 mi. Also very slippery in artic circumstances (Finland
beerchug.gif
)

Michelin Pilot Power 2CT. My stocker went at 3200. Put these on and have no ill effects (like stockers) and great grip. Have 6000 on bike and still more than 50% treadware left. Will buy these again. Bottom line is stockers are junk! IMHO!
I have an entirely different opinion of the stock BT015 doughnuts. I did one track day and one instructional day on a set of BTO15's and they performed flawlessly.

The PP 2ct's are very popular for street guys who do track days and I can say, no one on 2ct's or standard PP's passed me. I got lap times only 5 seconds off race pace with the BTO15's.

However, my rear 15 was done in 1900 miles. I never get more than 2500 miles from any performance tire.

Personally, I would take a 15 over a 2ct if given the choice.

Keep in mind, suspension and tire pressure is the key to tire performance.

I've got 5200 miles on my stock BT015 right now. Yes it's about gone. If I do ride like a Grandma I would have to say I follow the style of Scootergirl.
bowdown.gif

Since you're going to the drag strip I would say Shinko tires for the cost/tread wear balance.

Back