Stretched and spinning on the street, need a better tire with traction

yea thats a great shop and them super chargers are pretty badass imo! and I guess 9 hp aint much if ur like haven it stretched that far but I know mine spun like holy hell at 10 inches.

I understand and it's funny u mention losing power because I had my ecu sent to frank at powerhouse and a dyno done by a local guy (Eric from DAS auto in Dracut mass). He is a borderline busa master mind and the same setup I have and the same mods frank did to a busa he had with the same mods I have my dyno was about 9 hp less because I'm stretched as far as I am. I've considered bringing mine in a little. I also need a new rear tire haha. But my future plan is either to turbo it or drop it off with Eric and have him do his custom pro charger that he makes. But again that's down the road. Trying to buy a house next year so after that then I'll work on my future plan haha.

All of this and no talk about tire pressure.

Last night I went out on my brand new shinko 008 round slick. After a good burn out it still wasn't hooking even from a roll. I forgot to lower the tire pressure. Dropped the tire down to 20psi and hooks hard with 350hp.

Less pressure let's the tire flatten out a bit, and gives more contact patch. Take 2-3psi out at a time until it stops spinning.

All of this and no talk about tire pressure.

Last night I went out on my brand new shinko 008 round slick. After a good burn out it still wasn't hooking even from a roll. I forgot to lower the tire pressure. Dropped the tire down to 20psi and hooks hard with 350hp.

Less pressure let's the tire flatten out a bit, and gives more contact patch. Take 2-3psi out at a time until it stops spinning.

I agree with that as I mentioned it in my original post like 1bomdoman also mentioned. Not much differ then a car that can't get traction either. Most high hp cars that run slicks usually run around 15-25 psi. I've seen some guys run as low as 10.

Back