need help changing my w/screen.

Rainbow_Boy

Registered
how do i go about changing the windscreen/getting it off sort of thing. i read a previous post using search and can't find it now.
remove the 2 allen bolts. ok. remove the 2 pins. ok. i guess now i am supposed to remove the 2 rubber grommets? to do this am i supposed to remove the black plastic dash surround. does it need prying off. i don't need to take off the mirrors? thanks.

sometimes the bolt cant reach the nut.You can insert the elastic pin into the holes with the bolts slightly screwed.Othertimes even if the bolt reaches the nut the elastic pin turns in the hole as you try to screw the bolt....so hold the pin with your nail as you screwing

Make sure the rubber grommets are in correctly, They can go in either way but only one way will tighten all the way up. Yeah I had mine backwards once, Just ask James.

i think it might be okay. i had it sprayed with wd40 which means slippery rubber. now hat it's dried in, it has tightened up a bit. they were never really tight anyway. i'll add a pic. cheers.

it's not too different from the original screen. it is silver (revlis) (just had to add that) iridium. by powerbronze. 4cm taller as well.
Img_0044.jpg

that pashnit, is a powerbronze screen. silver iridium. prollly not as good quality as the puig, but excellent all the same. and i think powerbronze have an awesome ammount of colours to choose from.

powerbronze are the best screens, i have tried all the others(puig/mra/givi etc)
powerbronze is the only way to go
iridium looks good
but i have had that in the past,tint and iridium are no go for night driving when tucked in,dashboard reflects on the inside of screen making it impossible to see through

Last edited:
Back