Fairing Pin

WESeib

Registered
Right Side Fairing.

There are 4 Frame Pins that are built into the Right Side Fairing.

I could only find three rubber washer/grommet things in the frame for them.
The two bottom ones and the one that goes next to the gas tank (the one you have to lift up on to remove the fairing).

The fourth pin looks like it just goes into a hole in the frame with no rubber washer/grommet.

Am I missing a rubber piece that should go there?
It is the forward most pin that isn't along the bottom.

I dont have the fairings here to confirm the position, but on the right hand side of the frame (and left) there is a grommet.
If you had a pic I could check if mine has it there.

I already put it back on.
I'll snap a pic of it soon.

I guess a better way to phrase my question is, on the frame for the right side fairing, how many rubber grommets are there for the fairing.

Mine has three.
Should there be four?

That bottom forward pin/bolt attaches to a brace that connects (free from frame) to the other side fairing. If you take both of those pins/bolts all the way off, you'd have a thin aluminum U-shaped brace, not attaching to anything. When putting back together...gotta try to match it up just right with your other hand while trying to thread that pin/bolt. Hope this helps.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm actually talking about the plastic mounted pins that are integrated to the right side fairing. Three of these slip into rubber grommets that are in the frame.

The fourth one looks like it goes into a hole in the frame.

I'm just wondering if that 4th one should have a rubber washer or there should be a grommet in the hole where it goes.

This is difficult to explain without pictures.

I actually just realized you have a Gen 2. Not even sure if Gen 2's have that brace. Glad you found your issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

displayimage.php

It is #4 that I am missing.
There is just a hole there.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
In this case, it would probably be 10,000 words to correctly explain it.

Thanks for ya'lls help.

You're fourth grommet is actually up on the right ram air tube. You can make it out in the pic. What you have as #4 I believe is right where the fairing bolt goes.

You're absolutely correct. Thanks.
I am correct in assuming there should be a grommet there, right?
It shouldn't be just an open hole.

I found the picture online and was going from memory.
I put my fairing back on last night without it.

I figure I'll order it (5 days) and put it on next oil change.

Last edited:
If you're talking about the hole the fairing bolt screws into then no, there is no grommet there. The rubber grommet is actually on the fairing itself where the bolt goes thru.

STOP......don't order a grommet! :laugh: Like said above, no grommet goes there, only four grommets total. At first I thought you had the same problem I had, before a dab of super glue saved the day. I'm not the only one it has happened to, but that grommet on the side of the ram air intake tube very easily will push through the hole and end up in the bottom of your air filter housing. I super glued that grommet to the tube so it cannot push through anymore. And another tip for you first time fairing removal guys is to use a bit of vasaline on a Qtip to smear in the grommet holes. Makes subsequent removal and install much easier.

Last edited:
oh, crap.

Too late, it's on order (for the hole in the ram air intake tube).
$2.51

I really don't want to pull the fairing again, prop the tank, and check the air filter housing for it. I guess I should huh? I am getting tired of working on it and want to freakin ride it.

Back