Need Help...Bolts in the Bar Ends...

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so I have a very large impatiency problem when it comes to modding the bike (im sure im not the only one). Well, a while back I buy some chrome bar ends off ebay, get them in, all nice lookin...but couldnt figure out how to get the stock ends off.

It wasnt until after I moved and go back on the boards yesterday that I figured out to get the stock ends off, but i have lost the bolts that came with the chrome bar ends

IS THERE ANYWHERE LOCALLY YOU CAN GO TO GET A METRIC BOLT/SCREW TO FIT IT? tried orderin another set of bar ends off ebay but they wont be here til next week and i need to get the bike back together....oh, and the philips heads to the stock bolts are all wallowed out from my repeated attempt with the screwdriver BEFORE I KNEW how to properly take the sotck bar ends off. So the stocker's are no good even for a temp fix. Suggestions??

bump.gif

check your yellow pages for "Fasteners" Most areas have some kind of nut/bolt house.. I would suggest stainless when you find one...

Maybe these guys can get you started..

Aerospace Fasteners Inc.
205 E. Neches St.
Palestine, TX 75801
USA Web site
Phone: (903) 723-0693

ok, So here's the update...Aerospace doesnt have anything of the likeness. LUCKILY, (and unbeknown to me) we just had a FASTENAL open up here about 5 weeks ago (small town). They had some hex head bolts in black that were long enough, but the stainless was comin up short. If you notice, the stock screw has a kinda "reverse cone head" where the philips part is flat. Well, they dont have anything like this that would even come close to being long enough....

BUT...they did had a 50mm M6 "Button-Head" stainless screw that they will order for me and have it here on monday. So, i will have to just either try and make do with the black ones over the weekend for riding or just wait to see if the button head works.

just FYI, if anyone is every looking for one, these are the specs...
55mm, M6 coarse thread screw. can't remember the special name they have for the head of it though.

Thanks for all the help guys, will post up pics when i get the grips and bar ends back on, with the rest of the goodies I got sittin here waitin to go on!

Back