Need color advice for busa paint job

umairhashmi

Registered
I bought my black and grey 06 bus in jan of 2006 after seeing how nice it looked on the dealer floor. Big mistake here in florida. It rains all the time and its pretty much impossible to keep it looking nice and shiny unless you wipe it down daily. The harsh sun also made the factory paint fade considerably within 3 years and also i realized shiny black colors make even tiny scratches extremely visible. A friend of the family does primarily cars but has done a few bikes here and there and i have seen his work and its "Satisfactory".

He told me my best options would be either white or silver because neither of those fade easily and the bike or car looks fairly clean even when its dirty and scratches are less visible. He also added that red and black tend to fade the most. What do you guys feel would be the best choice?

A good paint job should not fade. Blues and greys are very forgiving colors when it comes to light scratches. Even a nice red would be sick!

A good paint job should not fade

Yeah tell that to the boys at the suzuki factory. It did fade. Although keep in mind i live in the harsh florida sun and the bike did stay outside most of the time and its common for both cars and bikes here with colors like that to start fading.

what is your favorite color? pick that color for your bike! also, consider a bike cover if your bike is parked outdoors.

Can you post a pic of the way your bike looks now?

This is not a very recent pic. About a year or so old. It has faded more since then. I can live with the fading but i guess im kinda bored with the color as well and want something NEW

DSC00932.jpg

DAMN that's a shiny ass bald head!!

I took the pic. Thats not me with the bald head lol. I would LIKE to keep a shiny black or red bike but if i had someone to wax and wash it for me on a daily basis lol. But im lazy which is why i need something which will look OKAY even when its dirty and has dust all over it lol. Which is why im thinking white or silver might be my best options. BTW your bike looks REALLY shiny. How much did you pay for that paint job? Also why dont you consider putting some decals on it?

Last edited:
I love reds, but reds are the WORST colors for the sun. If you like color, look at older cars with that color and see how they are holding up after weathering for many years. You'll see that red cars fade very fast.

I took the pic. Thats not me with the bald head lol. I would LIKE to keep a shiny black or red bike but if i had someone to wax and wash it for me on a daily basis lol. But im lazy which is why i need something which will look OKAY even when its dirty and has dust all over it lol. Which is why im thinking white or silver might be my best options. BTW your bike looks REALLY shiny. How much did you pay for that paint job? Also why dont you consider putting some decals on it?

Thanks. My bike was painted by a friend of mine that owns a paint shop out in San Jose. He does really good work. I was going to put some kind of decals back on it but I have WAY too much fun with the retards out there asking if my bike is a 750. :rofl:

Thanks. My bike was painted by a friend of mine that owns a paint shop out in San Jose. He does really good work. I was going to put some kind of decals back on it but I have WAY too much fun with the retards out there asking if my bike is a 750. :rofl:

How much did he charge you? Dont worry im florida so i wont ask him to give me the same deal lol :laugh:

*sigh* $600.00 and a booth at one of our bike events for 3 nights. That included body work and everything. No one in Sacramento would have touched it for under $1500.00 so I got a deal.

Try out a whole new set of plastics and keep those for ebay or "just in case" set. What about this new MENACE style from "http://www.cannidesign.com/index.html".

Open color canvas, I think the set is $2-3K with tail bodywork.

l_842c029dc1a14615ad9bf49f1d86ad80.jpg

Back