PAINT JOB

knockoutms

Registered
i'm getting ready to paint my blue/silver 05 busa viper red. it has some some scratches from being dropped in the driveway. This will be my first bike paint job. just wondering if there was any advice on what i have to look forward too. sanding, clearing or any other info would be greatly appreciated. i'm also going to need to find some black frame covers (any idea where i can get those from)!

thanks

Dont know on the frame covers. But when painting, prepping is all the work. Make sure you use a fine grit like a 2500 or 3000. I used a 500E grit when I was prepping my car. What type of gun do you have? I can check the sizes of my nozzles if you need me to. There should be one for primer, one for paint, and one for clear, all different sizes. Take your time. Shooting clear is the hardest, big nozzle and a lot of product. You dont want it to run. If you get orange peel, just cut and buff till smooth and shiney. Not sure how red is to apply, but I understand black to be the hardest to spray. I painted my car and used a strawberry metallic and it turned out great. If I can do it, anyone can. It helps too to have a paint supplier that can answer questions for you if you get stuck. I also recommend you use a 1:1 ratio on paint and thinner. Are you going to use a flex additive? If so, it will make the paint slightly lighter than not using it. I dont know everything, but I will tell you all I do know, PM me when you get ready to do it if you need more information. Good luck!
beerchug.gif

better let a pro do it, you will be better results and spend less in the end to get it the way you want. Send me a message if you decide to let a pro do it.

i hate prepping thats why i pay someone to do that part for me. you'll hate it.

Yeah you could let a pro do it, but in the end, if it all works out, imagine the pride you would have ? If you honestly think you can do it.......DO IT !! GOOD LUCK

I have been helping a pro paint my bike and the prep is the worst. That is all that I have been doing for almost 2 weeks now. If you are going to do it yourself take your time and good luck.
beerchug.gif

Back