New paint job

Earthdog

Registered
Hi!

I recently scratched my busa on the fairings and î've decided to paint her all over again. I will paint her all black matte and the only sticker will be from tapeworks kit#3168f which changes color on the sun from magenta to copper....i think it will be very good...Is there any picture of a black matte busa?

Not that I know of, but it could loook very cool. Are you going to have some kind of satin finish clear coat put on?

Yeah, I have heard that it is really important to finish the flat black with a satin or else you get shiney bits and pieces where you rub up against it and washing is nearly impossible. Be careful with the flat black, could end up making your busa look really unfinished, sorta broken... If I get a chance today I can give you a flat black busa.

Jesse James has a Modena that is flat black. You can put a flattening agent in with paint to reduce gloss or remove it and it can be put in clear but it makes it have a milky look.

Must follow this thread.....been meaning to do exactly the same to my busa but with titanium gold stickers and a few other parts (rearsets, wheels o.z. etc)

Hmmmm should be interesting
cool.gif

Yeah, I have heard that it is really important to finish the flat black with a satin or else you get shiney bits and pieces where you rub up against it and washing is nearly impossible.  Be careful with the flat black, could end up making your busa look really unfinished, sorta broken...  If I get a chance today I can give you a flat black busa.
Right on, Rev. There are matte/satin finish clears that give you the flat look. Just usin' flat black paint will leave the paint surface chalky. When anything rubs it or scrapes it, you'd get shiny streaks or spots. It also has low chemical resistance and is not very durable. The latest matte/satin clears are supposed to protect the surface and provide that matte/flat look without compromising the durability and chemical resistance of the black base.

Personally, I haven't used any of the newer matte/satin clears, but I've seen jobs in the graphics books and mags with them. It can be a sweet look if done right. I've seen several jobs Jesse James has done, or had done using the matte clears. All were pretty hot...

flattner in the clear dupont system is easiest and seams to work the best we use it alot with some of the ford bumpers and trims and alot trimming under hoods and fender jams of most late model cars any body shop with a mix system will have it
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|orangebusa??
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076247498 -->

That would look cool, you should powder coat the frame,swing arm, rims, ect. all black. That would look sick.

Hi All,

So...... I just finished putting my 2001 Busa back together.
I got paint supplied and applied by friends in the paint industry. Graphics were supplied by a UK company.

The only remaining jobs are to install the tail tidy/under tray and upgrade the brakes.

However, at this point, I just want to take advantage of the good weather and get on the road!

I'm overjoyed that the result has turned out exactly how I planned.

Ride safe all!
Des
Hamburg

20210331_102902.jpg

20210331_102918.jpg

20210331_102929.jpg

20210331_102938.jpg

20210331_102953.jpg

20210331_103017.jpg

20210331_103042.jpg

20210331_103123.jpg

Hi All,

I got paint supplied and applied by friends in the paint industry. Graphics were supplied by a UK company.

The only remaining jobs are to install the tail tidy/under tray and upgrade the brakes.

However, at this point, I just want to take advantage of the good weather and get on the road!

Ride safe all!
Des
Hamburg

View attachment 1633721

View attachment 1633722

View attachment 1633723

View attachment 1633724

View attachment 1633725

View attachment 1633726

View attachment 1633727

View attachment 1633728
Looking good, congrats on getting out in the wind.....

Hi All,

Ride safe all!
Des
Hamburg

View attachment 1633721

View attachment 1633722

View attachment 1633723

View attachment 1633724

View attachment 1633725

View attachment 1633726

View attachment 1633727

View attachment 1633728
The white graphics look great with the flat black