Need advice from the extended family

This happens far too often and I don't like having to deal with the drama or the maintenance issues.

Dump her and find an adult to have a relationship with.
Don't end up like most of my guy friends - stuck with awoman who treats them like a doormat/source of income.

BTW I am female.

Hmmm... since you share a residence you are probably going to need to plan your way out of this one.
She may make your life hell if you tell her like a rational person. Hope you aren't in a state where co-habiting for more than a year could have legal ramifications.

OK, here is the deal. Women will never be completely understood by men. The sooner you realize this, the better you will be. A woman will fly completely off the handle and her man is standing there saying..>WTF did I do? Such is the case here. You have been with her for 3 years, not only are you wasting your time...you are wasting hers as well. If you love her and care about her and know that she wants to be with you for ever...marry her. She is probably expecting a big let down and this could explain her actions towards you. Shid or get off the pot!

???

Yowser.... this new info is quite revealing.

IMO...... game over for you, brother. There may indeed be a wonderful woman for you somewhere out there, but from your description, it is not this one.

Time to unload, and start fresh with no burdens...... good luck! :beerchug:
Yep.....time to move on. Trying going solo for awhile :;): 9 times out of 10 relationships fold anyway.....personally I think they're overated, and just a lot of misery for a little pleasure. There's alot more to life than women :laugh: Find yourself a good booty call and skip all the drama and bs :thumbsup:

Sounds to me like she was sick, didn't know what she wanted, and really just needed attention. If you'd have been working--instead of playing--when she woke, you'd have been ok--for that moment.

My $0.02: keep treating her with respect, but--and don't take offense to this--grow some you-know-whats and put your foot down once in a while. My guess is that the ability to walk all over you is going to wear thin if a new man ever comes into the picture and is a challenge to her (let's see if the women on this site agree with me on this one). By doing what you want to do once in a while, you'll feel better about yourself and won't be feel like a battered man.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Man, going through the same thing almost exactly. My advice- GET OUT. You will never be good enough in her eyes. Love SUX. But keep your sanity and move on.
Best of luck in what ever it is that you decide to do.

Dude, I really don't like your avatar.

--Wag--

Yup get out, it will never get better. When you break up with her, get a hold of your heart and stand your ground, it will be sad, or she may rationalize with you that she will change, they don't change, they never change.

Im a prick, but, here's what i would do! LOL

1, shut off cell phone
2, hop on my bike, and go riding
3, ignore her for a day or so!
4, wear earplugs!

since you are thinking about ending this relationship, just start acting like you want to and treat her like you are willing to. It could cause her to end the relationship or it could turn out to be ok with her and you live happy forever. What do you have to lose? Don't stay with her and suffer man, it won't get better if you keep doing what you are doing. :beerchug:

Sounds like you have a tiger by the tail, damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Think I would tell her to kick rocks.

Do you want her to be the mother of your children? If you had children with her, would you trust her to raise them if you were out of the picture?

That was the ultimate test when I was dating, after all the fun and games were over.
If you cringe at the thought of her raising your offspring, she is not the right one for you.

You have some hard decisions to make and it will probably get ugly. Sounds like you need to work on the :rulez:. As hard as this sounds and I can be the world's worst.....you gotta talk to her and communicate your feelings. Or light a fire in the house, it would be easier to deal with.:rofl:

How old are you guys? Usually in the early 20's, we are in the "all about me" stage and dont think about others like we should. Busa159 had some good advice.
I used to be married to a very controlling and unforgiving woman, not sure when it happened or how it happened, but she controlled everything in my life, and I finally had enough and got out.
The old adage "Men marry women hoping they wont change and women marry men hoping they will change" is true.
When you find the right person, you will know what to do in your heart and wont have to ask.

+1 Dont know how many times it's got me swatting at a damn bug:laugh:

:laugh:

All good advice.

Obviously working harder isn't going to do anything other than make bigger explosions. We've got to do something different.

Llast night I told her that we needed more couch time and we need more time for ourselves individually. I explained that I needed to spend more time bonding with her emotionally. I realized that when she got to the point that she was so clingy, in my world, that I just detached. So we need more time, curled up on the couch watching chick-flicks or playing her favorite board game or whatever she needs to feel emotionally involved, challenged, and satisfied.

Of course she was more than eager for it to be all my fault and put the burden of change on my shoulders. However, I took it a step further and explained that with the emotional satisfaction she would also need to work on not feeling like she's got to monopolize ALL of my time. I told her Guys need to just **** around some times. We need to shoot the **** with their friends. So she needs to not take offense to that nor call me immature because of it.

So this morning seemed different to us both. We shared a breakfast together this morning when we have been two ships passing (getting in each others way is more like it) typically.

We'll see. I've decided that the next two weeks will be filled with the two of us putting the effort in that we've discussed, more than likely The two weeks after that things will probably dwindle a bit. Then, the next month will be the most telling of all. So, two months is all I'm committing to at this point. I figure I owe it to her and probably to myself to see if we can reverse our course.

If not, we can be adult and decent about things and start dividing the plunder.

Thanks gang! :thumbsup:

Back