Need advice from the extended family

:laugh:

All good advice.

Obviously working harder isn't going to do anything other than make bigger explosions. We've got to do something different.

Llast night I told her that we needed more couch time and we need more time for ourselves individually. I explained that I needed to spend more time bonding with her emotionally. I realized that when she got to the point that she was so clingy, in my world, that I just detached. So we need more time, curled up on the couch watching chick-flicks or playing her favorite board game or whatever she needs to feel emotionally involved, challenged, and satisfied.

Of course she was more than eager for it to be all my fault and put the burden of change on my shoulders. However, I took it a step further and explained that with the emotional satisfaction she would also need to work on not feeling like she's got to monopolize ALL of my time. I told her Guys need to just **** around some times. We need to shoot the **** with their friends. So she needs to not take offense to that nor call me immature because of it.

So this morning seemed different to us both. We shared a breakfast together this morning when we have been two ships passing (getting in each others way is more like it) typically.

We'll see. I've decided that the next two weeks will be filled with the two of us putting the effort in that we've discussed, more than likely The two weeks after that things will probably dwindle a bit. Then, the next month will be the most telling of all. So, two months is all I'm committing to at this point. I figure I owe it to her and probably to myself to see if we can reverse our course.

If not, we can be adult and decent about things and start dividing the plunder.

Thanks gang! :thumbsup:

I think thats a good call I hope it works out for the best:thumbsup: best wishes for the both of you

Back